Monday, April 6, 2015

{Entertaining}Irish Night 2015

 We hosted our annual Irish Night a little later this year (see our other Irish Nights here and here).
Hosting it later did not guarantee a warm night. In fact, we got a lot of snow that day into the evening. Luckily most of our guests could walk to the party.
Getting ready...
We served a variety of green and Irish themed foods. 
  The sweet and salty green popcorn was easy to make (recipe to come).  I also made Cheddar Leek Dip and served guacamole chips.
 I tried a new recipe for Irish soda bread that I will share in a future post.
 This  Crowd-Pleasing Vegan Caesar Salad was a big hit.  I loved those chick pea croutons and all of that garlic-y, "cheesey" kale!
Of course I made shepherd's pie, both turkey and vegetarian.  Our friends brought their now famous colcannon (potatoes, leeks and cabbage with lots of butter). I made red potato chowder to fill out the carb fest.   Our guests also brought shrimp, fruit and dessert.
 We got tattooed! ;)
We had some very special Chinese visitors and loved introducing them to our Irish night tradition.

Don't forget to enter my CanvasPop giveaway, the winner will be picked TOMORROW!

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Creative Mondays
Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What fun! The chickpea croutons sound amazing!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww what a fun evening and great food you all had. I love get together so like that. Hope you have a nice week.
Julie xo

Debbiedoos said...

WHat an awesome theme for a party! All the food looked great. Glad your party peeps could walk there!

camp and cottage living said...

Makes me hungry just visiting here, Heather! It looks like your guest were enjoying the evening.

Becky said...

So much snow! Can't wait for the recipe and the salad looks amazing!

Creations By Cindy said...

You always think of every single detail! Love the hat! I also love chickpeas! Looks like a great party! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
Fun! I just love how you party and I always get great ideas from you.
Carla

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love all your details! I definetely think we'd like to try that yummy vegan salad too! So fun Heather - love the tattoos :)

Dawn Gross said...

Mmmm chick peas! Another successful party! Love your hat!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Looks like such a fun night :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails