Wednesday, April 15, 2015

{Entertaining} Book Club for All The Light We Cannot See

Last month it was my turn to host our neighborhood book club.  The book I chose was All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.     I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it.   It's hard to summarize this book quickly but it's about"a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied Paris as both try to survive the devastation of World War II." *
*from Amazon
I did a French theme for book club with gingham, tulips and baguettes.  
Peaches play a big part in the book so I had to include them on the menu and decor. I also made my favorite French salad--Salad Chevre Chaud (mixed greens with toasted baguette and melted goat cheese).
The little girl's father makes her a mini replica of their neighborhood when she goes blind so she can learn where everything is located.  There's also a mysterious stone from the museum where he works and keys also play a big part in the book.
It was one of the first warm days we had that month and I had the windows open to feel the warm breeze. I picked a French traditional station on Pandora to set the mood.
I also made mini peach crisps and..
chocolate hummus with fruit.
Recipes to follow!
Have you read any good books lately?
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Alphabe-Thursday
Welcome To The Weekend



Pin It

17 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

The book sounds very good! I love to read. I might need this book for my family beach trip this summer! Love the setting you have created and girl...you go all out! LOVE IT! My kind of gal! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tamar SB said...

You are the hostess with the mostess! The chocolate chummus sounds good!!

Journey said...

Love your table setting and look forward to your recipes!! The book was really good!!

camp and cottage living said...

You know I think you should become a party planner! You always have the neatest ideas, Heather.
I think I would enjoy your book. No time to read right now, wish I did.

Karen said...

LOVED this book and your Book Club set up is perfect for it! I've been on a WWII reading binge lately. Have you read The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah yet? I highly recommend that one too.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I'm going to put this one on the list for my book club. Thanks for the suggestion....

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
Thank you for the book idea. I just love your party ideas. I remember last year you hosted the Wild book club. I loved your ideas for that as well.

Carla

edenhills said...

What a lovely tablescape! The book sounds intriguing.

Ida said...

Wish I could have joined in with your book club. The table is set so beautifully. The peach crisps look yummy. The book sounds pretty interesting.

I just finished reading,
The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister and actually read the entire book in one day as it held my attention that well.

Annesphamily said...

Beautiful table setting! I am always looking for a good book to read. Thank you for sharing and enjoy a great weekend.

Splendid Little Stars said...

I've heard of that book, but never read it. I'll have to put it on my list!
I love your set-up--decorations and food. The salad sounds delicious! and chocolate hummus?!
I'm still reading my book club's selection for February--Mrs. Lincoln's Rival. (my excuse? I was out of town in February) interesting historical fiction

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like how you tied things from the story in your table setting. You have me wanting to do a setting around a book. :-)

Becky said...

So creative! Love all your attention to detail, as always!

Eden House News and views said...




Eden House News and viewsApril 19, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Hi this is my first encounter with your blog . I have been following alphabet Thursday for a long time but only once managed to complete the whole 26 letters
I have been away from blogging for a while but now trying to catch up and keep up see you again
I would love to be in a book club
What is chocolate Hummous please
I am checking out the book

Eden House News and views said...

so inspired I have just ordered on kindle Thank you

Dawn Gross said...

That book is on my list! You're such a great hostess - such attention to detail!

Blogger said...

Good news book lovers, All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel Audio Book is now available on AudioBooksNow.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails