Monday, April 20, 2015

{Recipe} Chocolate Hummus

When I saw this recipe for Chocolate Hummus pop up on my feed, I knew I had to try it. Book Club seemed like the perfect place to serve it up.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup almonds
5 pitted dates
15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used dark)
2 TBS maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
Process almonds in food processor or blender until they become almond butter. (Mine did not, so I just kept going with the recipe). Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.  The recipe says to serve immediately, but we kept the leftovers in the fridge for a few days and they were fine so you could make this ahead.  Serve with fruit and pretzels for dipping.  
A healthy, indulgence!


Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Amazing! Will do have to try this!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Oh my goodness! I need this in my life and will definetely be giving it a try :) Both my girls have birthdays coming so this will be great party food!

Bliss said...

So you liked it enough to make it again?

Carla from The River said...

Yum. I think this will be a hit.
Thank you,
Carla

camp and cottage living said...

Your hummus sounds extremely healthy! With all the yummy fruit it must have been a hit.

Creations By Cindy said...

I love hummas but I have never tried Chocolate! Sounds yummy! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

MomPrepares said...

I had to click on this because I've never heard of chocolate hummus. It looks yummy. Thanks for sharing!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails