Thursday, December 11, 2014

{Get Thrifty} Thursday 12.11.14

Sorry to interrupt my NYC trip posts but it's Thursday and I'm on a roll here with my Thrifty Thursdays.  I was out thrifting for an "ugly" Christmas sweater for Miss High School and wasn't going to look for myself but when you're scouring every rack, it's hard not to.
I found an Ann Taylor navy wrap sweater, a striped navy shirt in juniors and a cashmere sweater! 100% cashmere!  It's my first ever cashmere sweater.
 If you are following me on Instagram @heather_ourlife  you may have seen this photo of what I'm potentially packing for my trip and both the navy sweater and striped top made it in to the mix.
I was nervous about laundering the cashmere sweater because the tag says "Dry Clean Only" but I found a bunch of tutorials on line for hand washing cashmere and it's actually the preferred method for cleaning them.  I wore it to a meeting last night and it was so warm and toasty.
Here I am with my cheesy smile pic (I'm wearing a thrifted Tommy Hilfiger button down under the sweater). That is some bright light shining down on my head.  Don't forget to come back tomorrow and link up at Friday Favorites!

Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love your thrifty finds!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Okay, it's official… I'm going to the wrong thrift stores! Love the cashmere sweater, I'd say that's the score of the century!

Becky said...

What an AMAZING find!!!! You really never know what you're going to find!! Abie and I went Saturday and she find a couple of things, but nothing for me. I did spy a couple of glass dishes for $1.98 but this Saturday the entire store is 50% off!!!! So I just couldn't bring myself to buy them, thinking if I waited just seven more days they would only be $1. Aren't I cheap? Haha!

Bliss said...

That must be your halo that the camera captured in it's glow! Or maybe a ray of NYC lights followed you home to remind you of mango margaritas, guac & salsa.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails