Wednesday, July 9, 2014

{Thrifting} High/Low Version - Trench Coat

I wasn't expecting to take a blog break yesterday but our internet service was down all day. It's crazy how out of touch you feel when that happens (even with a smart phone). 
Speaking of surprises, I also didn't expect to find a trench/rain coat while out thrifting.
I've been admiring this green cutie from Boden for awhile but even on clearance (at $142.40), it was still too steep for my budget.





















I like it in the stripe too but don't know if I'd be brave enough to wear it.
I happened upon this (almost as equally cute)coat at the thrift store and just had to try it on.
I liked the little details like these buttons...
 and the lining stripes were snappy too.
 Even the back has a little detail.
The best part was its $5 price tag.
Sold! To the crazy thrifting lady!!
Now I just need a nice (cool) rainy day to wear it.
Linking up with:
Create It Thursday
Before & After Wednesday
Thrifty Thursday

Pin It

8 comments:

Jules said...

What a great deal and such a cute coat! I need a new winter coat this year....maybe I should try the thrift store first!

Creations By Cindy said...

Ooh, I love this!!!! And I really LOVE it for $5! Good for you girly!
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tamar SB said...

Love it!! Great find - and why oh why is Boden so pricey!

Carla from The River said...

I NEED to go shopping with you. :-)

Great find as always.
Looking forward to seeing you out and about in it. :-)

Bliss said...

I love it!

Becky said...

What an AMAZING find! I absolutely love it!! I went thrifting a month or so ago and was thinking, I need a jean jacket. Low and behold I found an Anne Klein jean jacket for $3!!!

Something so very satisfying about this :)

Karen said...

Love it!! I was at Impact the other day looking for a raincoat to take to Ireland. I left empty-handed, but I'm not giving up :)

Morgan said...

I like the color of your coat even better! That color green is one of my favs. :) I always mention the university I went to and how one of the colors was green. I was in spirit wear heaven! When you guys get some fall weather you'll have to break that bad boy out. $5... you can't beat that!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails