Friday, July 18, 2014

{Family} Two Perfect Weekends...Part 2

Our summer weekends have been so nice, dare I say perfect? And by perfect, I mean perfect to me...beautiful weather,  family togetherness, some fun/different activities with great food thrown in for good measure.
This was 4th of July weekend and the girls and I started it out with the movie "Tammy".  We loved it--not quite as laugh out loud as "The Heat" but still very funny with a lot of heart.
The next day was the 4th and we went to our local small town parade.
{College Girl's patriotic manicure}
We got to hang out with this wonderful family.
Gotta have way too many some classic cars in the parade (I love the reflection!)


 This little guy is partial to these two.
It started raining near the end of the parade but we didn't let that get us down.
Later that day (it cleared up) and we were able to barbecue. 
Veggie dogs!
A blurry photo of my dinner: veggie hot dogs, baked beans, sauteed spinach, fresh pineapple.
 I made homemade baked beans in the crock pot (almost didn't because I forgot to plug it in before we left for the parade, thank goodness for the high setting!)  
I can't cook before I've had my coffee, lesson learned!
We went to the fair that night.
BINGO selfie.
My not very lucky BINGO cards.
Rides!
Speaking of rides, the next day we went to Hershey Park.  The girls hopped right on Sky Rush as soon as we got to the park.  Another gorgeous day!
Conquered it!
I love rides and roller coasters but they don't love me back.  These days I have to go on the tamer rides like The Kissing Tower that goes all the way up and gives you a 360 degree view of the park.   My family humors me and goes on these mild rides with me.
You do get some great views.
Hershey has a lot of coasters and they all seem to be built right next to and around each other.
We had a nice lunch in the park. I did my research and knew they had both Subway and Chickies N' Pete's in the Boardwalk area. That is the perfect combo for us! The girls and I got veggie subs while the hubs picked up crab fries to share and a chicken cheese steak. 

After lunch there were more rides, my kid are in the fourth row back. This thing took off like a rocket!
I captured College Girl taking a photo of the ferris wheel (while the other two were on it).

No trip to Hershey is complete without a visit to Chocolate World.  We love taking the (free) ride through the "chocolate factory"with the singing cows. Trust me, you can't miss it. It ends on a sweet note with a free sample of Hershey's chocolate (this time it was dark chocolate covered pomegranate!).
The store is full of Hershey merchandise as well as every kind and variation of Hershey candies and food.  It's amazing!!  There's a cafe and a dessert/ice cream shop too, as well as other interactive chocolate themed activities.
We were getting tired and ready to head home by this point.
We stopped at  The Cheesecake Factory for dinner as we got closer to home which is always good. None of us got an cheesecake though, I guess we were sugared out!

Our last trip to Hershey (we hadn't been there in four years!)

Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!! I haven't been to Hershey in ages, such a fun park!!

camp and cottage living said...

Hershey looks like such a fun place to spend a day!
And it looks like you celebrated the 4th in All American style.

Becky said...

You're not kidding, that was a perfect weekend! Looks like an amazing 4th and then to spend the next day at the amusement park, how fun!!

Mama Hen said...

I love Hershey! I remember getting a giant Hershey bar when we went when I was little. I have to take my daughter there! It looks like some really fun summer times! The 4th pictures looked like lots of fun too!
Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Jules said...

Looks like two really great weekends!The 4th looks like a perfect small town celebration....I miss those!!! Love all the great pictures tha you captured!

Bliss said...

I wanna go to Candyland!

Dawn said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend. I didn't know there are crab fries at HP! I need to get my son to bring some home next time he goes!

Dawn
dmg314

Carla from The River said...

We have not taken a trip this direction in several years. Maybe next summer this should be our destination. Sounds like a fun time.

I love your daughters nails. FUN!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my ! My oldest daughter and her family would live all this coasters . Wow! I went and looked at the other link too with the store . Wow, I can't believe how good those prices looked . Orbs they looked like they got only a dollar . I'm so glad you gave be these links to look at it and I'm sharing with my daughter . I love looking at your trips . hugs and blessings , Cindy

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails