Thursday, July 3, 2014

Patriotic Strawberries

I kept seeing fun, patriotic, chocolate covered strawberries popping up on Facebook and wanted to make my own.
 Mine aren't quite Pinterest worthy but were fun to make and they do look festive.
 I melted white chocolate chips to dip the berries in and and then rolled them in blue sugar.
 I found some patriotic sprinkles that were also a fun addition to the berries.
Not to leave out the Vegan, I dipped some of the berries in vegan semi sweet chocolate and they got the patriotic sprinkles too.
Happy 238th Birthday USA!

Tips for longer lasting Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
Keep the stems on the berries
Wash berries and let them air dry
Make sure berries are completely dry before dipping
Have a wax papered covered pan ready for your dipped berries
Melt chocolate on low heat 
Dip berries and swirl in sprinkles (or pour sprinkles on the just dipped berries)
Place dipped berries onto wax paper covered pan
Refrigerate berries after you're done dipping them until chocolate has set up
Store berries in a cool place in an airtight container (they can get soggy if you store them in the fridge--but keep in the fridge if it's very warm)
Serve within 24-48 hours of making
Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love those!! I wanted to make the fruit flag kabobs, but my bananas aren't ripe!

Happy 4th!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love, love, love these. How fabulous for the 4th. Thanks for the recipe. I definitely will make some.

Creations By Cindy said...

Good grief these look good! Happy 4th! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Becky said...

These turned out adorable!!

Dawn said...

They look gooood!

Jules said...

These look great and I think totally Pinterest worthy!!!!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow love these strawberry's, you have me wanting to go dip them in everything now,yum :)

Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays...

Morgan said...

Aw, these are so cute! I made the ones with blue sugar one year, but I didn't think to dip them in sprinkles too. The ones with sprinkles are adorable. :)

Jessica Pelasky said...

Oh these turned out so cute!! :)

I'd love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love those strawberries!
TFS at C&C w J&J.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails