Monday, June 30, 2014

{Recipe} Vegetarian Taco Pie

I knew there was a reason I wanted to whip up my own taco seasoning and this was it.
My version of Vegetarian Taco Pie is quick, filling and delicious.
 Ingredients:
1 frozen pie crust
1 pound of Beefless Ground (I use Trader Joe's brand)
olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 can of black beans (rinsed)
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used light Mexican blend)
 Pre bake the pie shell according to the package directions.
In the meantime, saute onions and peppers with some olive oil until softened, add the Beefless Ground and stir to mix. 
Add black beans and taco seasoning plus 1/4 cup of water, bring to boil then reduce heat, stirring to combine.
 Remove pre baked pie crust from oven.  Transfer the beefless/bean mixture to the pie crust. Top with cheese and return to oven.
Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes until the crust has turned golden brown and cheese is melted.
 Cool to wire rack and cut immediately to serve.
This was a hit with the family!
It's easily adaptable to your taste and you can even add ground beef or turkey or just do all beans(which I'm going to try next time).
Linking up with:

Pin It

10 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks good! I have wrote down the taco seasoning recipe and looking forward to use it when we go on our family beach trip in August. One night is taco night! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Looks very good. Thank you. :-)

Jules said...

This looks delicious....when trying to eat healthy, Mexican is one of the most difficult things to stay away from for me....this makes it possible to "cheat"! Thanks for sharing!

Tamar SB said...

Yum! We used to buy those shells when I could eat gluten!!

camp and cottage living said...

I can see why it was such a hit, Heather!

Becky said...

This looks so good! I've been being to add a few new recipes, this one is perfect!

Katie said...

This is great! We are trying to do an "international night" every Tuesday - I'll have to add this to our list of international recipes to try! (I think I should rename this night by the way - since it is always Mexican night!)

Morgan said...

I have missed several posts and need to catch up! But first I want to know if you guys are grilling anything vegetarian for 4th of July. :) We're going to be grilling at my mom's house and all I can think to do is veggie kabobs.
So I love veggie tacos! :) This looks so amazing. I'm going to try it one day over the weekend and let you know how it turns out. :)

Clairejustine oxox said...

This looks tasty :)

Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays, pinned and featured this week at the blog hop...

Bernadyn Nettles said...

Wow, this sounds great I'm going to try this soon; I'm looking for new recipes to try and I think my family would enjoy this. Pinning it and now following on Bloglovin' and FB. Visiting from Creative Mondays. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails