Tuesday, June 10, 2014

{Recipe} Coconut Marcaroons

If you're invited to a friend's house for lunch(like I was) and asked to bring the dessert, these are the perfect cookies to make. 
They go together in a snap and I usually have the ingredients on hand.
Plus, they are really really good!
Ingredients:
2-3 large egg whites
1 TBS of sugar
2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt 
 Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Whisk the egg whites and sugar until foamy.  Add the coconut, vanilla and salt. Mix well to combine.
Forn the coconut mixture into mounds and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
Bake until golden brown (about 16-17 minutes), rotating halfway through. Cool on wire rack.
These were delicious paired with fresh pineapple at our lunch.
Linking up with:
Inspire Me Tuesday
Say G'day Saturday
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Sunday Showcase
Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday
Pin It

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These are a favorite of mine! Yum!!

camp and cottage living said...

I've been wanting to make macaroons..
thank you for the recipe, Heather!

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

mmmmm...my favourite cookies of all time, but I had no idea they were so easy to make...pinning so I remember to make them.

Debbiedoos said...

Will have to give these a try. My family loves these. I think I attempted years ago...I can actually cook better now and bake lol!

Creations By Cindy said...

Well now they look easy peasy to make! My kind of baking! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Creations By Cindy said...

Just pinned them! YEAH..
Hugs again, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Yummy! I have not made these in awhile. Thank you inspiring me to do so. :-)

Becky said...

These DO sound easy!!

Morgan said...

I've never made these before, but always wanted to try. I love coconut. :)

Katie said...

These looks great! I've always been intimidated by macaroons (or anything that involves whisking egg whites!), but these look easy enough that I can't mess them up too badly!

Natasha In Oz said...

Thanks for sharing at the Say G’day party. I've just pinned your post to the Say G’Day Saturday Board and will be trying this recipe for sure!

Hope you can join us again this weekend. Happy Friday!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails