Tuesday, June 3, 2014

{Field Trip}..Part 2

After our visit to The Resource Exchange we had a Part 2 of our day planned.
 It was so nice to have College Girl (aka The Vegan) home for a little while.  She had found a vegan pizza place called Blackbird Pizzeria and we were excited to check it out.
It was SO good!!  We were overwhelmed with the entirely vegan menu but settled on sharing a slice of plain, a slice of Hawaiian (pineapple and smoked tofu) and a slice of potato/onion/garlic/rosemary (my favorite).  
We also sampled a vegan cheesesteak (what?) and vegan buffalo wings (extra spicy). 
 Now Mr Click is a good sport about getting us to the vegan pizza place and he even tried the food but after our lunch, he was ready for his own "real" pizza.   We walked along South Street and it wasn't long before we came to Lorenzo's. 
 The slices there are huge (and a bargain at $3.50!) and he was a very happy camper!

 We did a little more strolling and shopping along South Street (so did this cute puppy apparently).  I went into this little antique shop and I should have bought that Scotch cooler on the stool but I restrained myself. 
It was such a fun day!

Pin It

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

oh yum!!! not enough vegan friendly places out there!

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks like another fun day was had by all including good eating! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Katie said...

This pizza sounds amazing. Especially the potato/onion/garlic/rosemary, I feel like I need to make that at home. Only I'd probably stray from vegan by adding fontina.

Lorenzo's pizza looks so good too! I showed AJ the picture when it was on Instagram and he goes, "Oh yeah, you'd love that place." Ummm, why hasn't he taken me then?! Boys!

camp and cottage living said...

Sure looks like it was a fun day!
The vegan pizza looks good from where I'm sitting!

Karen said...

Vegan cheesesteaks?? I'm guessing you can't get one of those at Pat's or Geno's :). I love wandering around on South Street! Always something interesting to see.

Jules said...

Looks like a great day....with amazing food!!!

Ida said...

Never having eaten Vegan Pizza I really can't say if I'd like it or not but I'm thinking that the "real" stuff would be more up my alley. Looks like you all had a great time though. That little dog was so cute.

Carla from The River said...

LOL ~ I love that you captured that dog. So cute. :-)
Sounds like a fun day of eating good stuff.
♥ Carla

Dawn said...

Pizza! Nice day out and about!

Becky said...

What were the buffalo wings made out of? The pizza looks amazing!! What a fun day, and yes, you should have bought the cooler ;)

Debbiedoos said...

Good food too on your venture! I should have been there:) Looked fun Heather.

Morgan said...

I love the pic of the puppy in the stroller! It's so fluffy! I want to try vegan pizza. :) I live in the south and unfortunately there aren't too many vegan only restaurants.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails