Monday, June 23, 2014

Father's Day Weekend--Disc Golf and Dinner

Father's Day feels like it was so long ago already.
Cute card, right?
We had a quiet Father's Day weekend but I think the Mister enjoyed it all.
 We went disc golfing the night before in our local park.
 Have you ever gone disc golfing?
 I was going along to take pictures but realized I didn't have my memory card with me so I had to use my Iphone.
 Each hole had a different name, like "Serenity Now" or "Needs More Cowbell". 
Just like in real golf, some of the holes are harder than others.
 I get easily distracted.
 It's such a peaceful way to spend a few hours and get a nice hike in the woods.
 We go to this park a lot to walk but I had never been on the disc golf course.
 "Bazinga"!
 Here's Mr Click in action.
 The view after we finished our game.
On Sunday we had a relaxing morning and gave him his presents out on the deck.  
Miss Middle School made him this Pinterest inspired card. 
She also had an ice skating lesson and a (short) piano recital that day. Our lazy day got a little busy!
Then we met our cousins for an early dinner at Bonefish Grill and hit up Target afterwards.
A great way to round out our Father's Day weekend. :)


Pin It

10 comments:

Jules said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! There is a park really close to me that has a disc golf course, but I have never played...maybe I should try to find some people and give it a try!

raisul islam said...

Thanks a lot for your great post.it is informative post for Golf.This post give me more new information about us of golf.i like this post. watch football online

Tamar SB said...

What a fun day!! I haven't disc golfed in ages - need to look for some locations around here.

Katie said...

I've never played disc golf before. I'd never even seen a course! This one looks like fun - especially the names of the holes.

I would definitely be the photographer though. I don't think anyone would want me to actually play. I can't throw a frisbee or play actual golf to save my life, so I can't imagine the combination of the two would be good for me!

But it looks like you had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. Especially the visit to Target ;)

20 North Ora said...

Hi Heather - There is a disc golf course not too far from our home, but we have never played it. The closest we get is throwing discs for our dog. It's not her favorite but she'll try. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I am your newest follower.

Judy

camp and cottage living said...

The disc golf looks like a lot of fun! And it also looked like a pretty place to walk too.
Sounds like Dad had a good Father's Day!

Karen said...

Looks like a great time! That course looks like fun!!

Carla from The River said...

Sounds like a great day. I have not tried Disc Golf, but my boys went for the first time last Tuesday. :-)
How many years has your husband been playing?

Becky said...

Disc golf looks/sounds like fun! I like your *easily distracted* pic ;) Happy belated father's day to Mister Click!

Morgan said...

I have played a lot of Ultimate Frisbee (if you couldn't tell from my blog, haha), but I have not yet played disc golf. Honestly, I'm not sure how good I would be at that. In Ultimate frisbee I rely on a person running to meet my throw if it happens to be terrible, haha. I'm sure I would get better if I got out there and practiced though and I do enjoy throwing so I really need to try it! I just don't have the right discs. I love the guitar chord card that your daughter made for Father's Day - very cool and creative! :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails