Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Three Generation Thrifting & Lunch

I spent a fun morning thrifting with my mom and College Girl last week.
Here's my pile of goodies!
On the bottom is a decorative flag that I got for $5.  It was in perfect condition and those flags can be expensive.  I also found a nice wooden cutting board and bowl, some pretty linens, a shirt for me and a vintage pin for Miss Middle School(who was at school).
 After all that shopping we went out to lunch at our favorite vegetarian restaurant. It's always so good! 
This was C-Girl's Cobb Salad.  It was loaded with edamame, avocado, grilled corn and grilled onions on a bed of baby spinach with a vidalia poppy seed dressing.
 I ordered the Grilled Fingerling Potato Salad.  It's served on a spring mix and has scallion oil grilled fingerling potatoes along with maple pecans and char grilled  red onions, topped with feta cheese, beet chips and a maple mustard dressing.
I didn't get a photo of my mom's El Fino Wrap but that was also amazing.
For dessert we shared this trio of sorbets (coconut, mango and pineapple) on coconut griddle cakes topped with a delicious fruity lime sauce and sesame granola bark.
Are you hungry yet?
It was a really nice day together and of course I went right home and put up my new flag. 
It's so summery!
Linking up with:

Pin It

10 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love the flag and it sounds like such a fun day.

Kathy McB said...

STOP!!!! It's 9:50 a.m. and I'm already drooling over lunch now! :) Looks delicious!

Carla from The River said...

Yes, I have not had supper yet. I am hungry. ;-)

Love the flag.
And I want to go shop with you.
xx oo

Becky said...

That does sound like a wonderful day :) Those flags can be crazy expensive, awesome that you found such a cute one for only $5! Your lunch looks amazing too!!

Tamar SB said...

Mm that food looks SO tasty! Love the flag - what a find!

Jules said...

Great finds at the thrift store, as always! :) With the exception of the beets that food looks to die for....I would like College Girl's salad right this minute!

Creations By Cindy said...

What a fun day and love the "finds". The flag is so cute! Now I must say that salad looks wonderful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Katie said...

That flag is great! I love how summery and perfect it is!

And that food looks delicious - I could have both of those salads right now!

It sounds like you had a great day with your mom and College Girl.

Ida said...

Neat find on the flag, It really is summery looking. I found a cute Christmas decoration at a yard sale recently for $1 and was excited about snapping that up.
Oh those salads look tasty and that dessert...yep, made me a little hungry.

Dawn said...

Those salads look yum!! I'm terrible at thrifting ... I have no patience!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails