Monday, May 19, 2014

{The Abode} Choosing The Perfect Master Bedroom Navy

 Back in this post, I talked about painting our master bedroom navy and now I've
 narrowed it down to three choices.
My friend has an account with Benjamin Moore (sweet!) so she ordered the larger paint swatches for me and I was able to hang them up on all four walls of our room.  
(They've been up for a few weeks so they're starting to curl.)
I narrowed our selections down to 1) Hale Navy 2)Van Deusen Blue and 3)Newportbury Blue- all from the Historical Colors collection from Benjamin Moore.  I love the historical colors in my house and they all seem to work nicely together.
 I'm leaning toward Newportbury Blue.  Hale Navy feels too dark and Van Deusen Blue doesn't feel quite "navy" enough for me.  Newportbury Blue is a nice in between color, it's dark and rich but not too dark.
I can't wait to get started and share the "after" with you!

Linking up with:
Pin It

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Totally agree - can't wait to see it when it's done!

Katie said...

I can't wait to see the after!!! We are painting only one wall in our bedroom navy. But I haven't decided which one yet...

That is definitely a summer project!

Love Of Quilts said...

That would have been my pick. I had chosen it before I read the post. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

Jules said...

Newportbury is my favorite as well. Can't wait to see the finished product...I bet you are going to love it!!!!

Morgan said...

Hmm, I don't know what I would pick, but I am excited to see the after! :) I think it's going to look so sophisticated!

Becky said...

Can't wait to see the after either!!

Carla from The River said...

I love your choice.
This is going to be so exciting. I love blue. And always enjoy seeing how people decorate with it and use it.
Have fun! And good luck.

Karen said...

That was the swatch I picked in my head :). Can't wait to see it.

Dawn said...

That's my choice too. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. What will your accent colors be?

Ida said...

Guess what? Your choice was my favorite of the 3 as well and for the very same reasons. Great minds think alike.

Bliss said...

I concur.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails