Friday, May 23, 2014

Happening Lately....

So many things have been going on lately, I decided to do one post to cover them all.
Miss Middle School and I went vegan for a week in support of National Vegetarian Week 2014. It wasn't that hard and just took a little extra planning.  I tried out some new recipes, like my Vegetarian/Vegan Pot Pie from yesterday's post.   I also cut up a whole butternut squash (not fun) to make this...
Creamy vegan butternut squash pasta with crispy fried sage.   It sounds better than it tasted...so no post on this one.
I've been loving all of the spring flowers that are blooming in my yard. 
Lilacs have to be one my favorites.
 We got to visit College Girl over Mother's Day weekend and also got to see some of her projects from the year.   The middle one is her silk painting.
 Hers is the first one in this group (bad Iphone photo).
 We had beautiful weather that weekend and squeezed in a lot of fun activities --including a Mother's Day breakfast at my favorite waffle place.  One of my gifts was this hand made laptop sleeve from College Girl.  Love!!
I'm taking another photography class and that is keeping me busy. I'm having fun with Photoshop Actions (pre recorded editing steps) but I should be shooting more.
I've been trying to finish my 2011 scrapbook (so close!) and while I'm up in my scrap room I get to look at this pretty giftie from Julie.  I still haven't figured out the perfect spot to hang it up yet so for now it's right here by the bed.

And...I bought a chair! I found this at Goodwill for $5. I've been looking for a good photo prop chair for awhile. Yes, it's in BAD shape but I took it right over to an upholstery store so hopefully it's going to look like a million bucks when it's done. I'll keep you posted.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!!
Linking up with:
Catch a Glimpse

Pin It

14 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome that you went vegan for a week! The butternut squash sounds good, I'm sorry it didn't live up to its name. Especially after you cut up the squash!

The flowers are beautiful. So springy!

Your daughter's artwork and dress are stunning! And I can't believe she made that laptop bag. She is so talented!

Can't wait to see more of your photographs - the one you shared is wonderful! And I can't wait to see how the chair comes out too!

Katie said...

That is awesome that you went vegan for a week! The butternut squash sounds good, I'm sorry it didn't live up to its name. Especially after you cut up the squash!

The flowers are beautiful. So springy!

Your daughter's artwork and dress are stunning! And I can't believe she made that laptop bag. She is so talented!

Can't wait to see more of your photographs - the one you shared is wonderful! And I can't wait to see how the chair comes out too!

IrisM @ The Colored Married Life said...

LOVE your photos! You have a real talent!!! It's so cool that you take photography classes!!!! how does it go??? I should take some too when I have time....which won't happen anymore cause I'm having a baby hahaha :)
xoxo
Iris

Morgan said...

That's so cool that you guys went vegan for a week. I find it so easy to be vegetarian, but then thinking about giving up cheese for a week scares me, haha! Kudos to you guys.
Your daughter is so talented! That painting is gorgeous.
I'm excited to see what your chair looks like afterwards. :)

Carla from The River said...

Lilacs are one of my favorites too. I love to sit in the evening next to our bush and read.
Ours are not even budding yet!! It was so cold here in Northwest Wisconsin, everything seems stunted.

I LOVE our daughters work. WOW!!

Good Luck in class. FUN!!
Have a great weekend.

Tamar SB said...

Busy, busy!! Can't wait to see what you do with the chair!

Debbiedoos said...

Awesome happenings Heather. I would love to take a photography class and I really should. Your daughters work looks gorgeous!

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, I love that chair! where will you put it?
College girl is sure talented...
I didn't realise the extent of what you are taught at design school-I'm impressed! Sweet photo of Miss Middle School too.

Ida said...

Don't you hate it when a recipe doesn't turn out the way you expected it too. I've had my share of those.
Wow that Silk screen your daughter did is awesome.
My that was a great bargain on the chair. I do hope it wasn't to expensive to reupholster and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Becky said...

Why is butternut squash such a pain?? One time I was cutting spaghetti squash in half and literally got my knife stuck!! Your daughter is SO talented!! Gorgeous silk painting and I LOVE the laptop case she made you. Lilacs are some of my favorites too, especially in a blue Ball jar :) I thought for sure you were going to redo that chair on your own!! What an awesome deal! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm on the lookout for a coffee table to "fix" up. No luck yet, but I found an awesome roll top desk for $30! I had to leave it though, Mike would have been slightly unhappy about that purchase ;)

Karen said...

Laughing about the butternut squash! I tried cutting one ONCE....what a workout :). Your daughter's projects are beautiful. Is your photography class online, or are you attending somewhere? Can't wait to see the finished chair! Enjoy your Memorial Day!

Jules said...

So sorry that the butternut squash recipe wasn't a hit...I love that stuff! The lilacs are gorgeous. and College Girl is soooo talented! The photograph of Miss Middle School (are we still calling her that) is stunning and I can't wait to see how your chair turns out! I love to see that you are enjoying my gift...I have such fun making those!

Jules said...

So sorry that the butternut squash recipe wasn't a hit...I love that stuff! The lilacs are gorgeous. and College Girl is soooo talented! The photograph of Miss Middle School (are we still calling her that) is stunning and I can't wait to see how your chair turns out! I love to see that you are enjoying my gift...I have such fun making those!

Bliss said...

I'm trying to figure out how chunks of squash turned into a long noodle, obviously I know nothing of pasta making of any kind. But look at you go using actions and all!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails