Friday, May 16, 2014

My Sneaky "Wood" Photo Back Drop

 I try to style my photos with interesting backgrounds and props.
I love the look of wood to set off whatever I'm presenting.
Burlap is also nice for a back drop.

 You've probably seen this blue wooden one a lot, I think it's my favorite.
Well, all of these backgrounds are actually...
Scrapbook paper that I found at Hobby Lobby!
I'd love to have lots of real wood backdrops (and I did just buy this one from Ikea) but until I do, I'll be using these stand-ins to style my photos.
Have you ever tried this technique? 
How do you keep your photos fun and interesting?

Linking up with:
Junkin' Joe
Catch A Glimpse
Thursday Favorite Things
Show & Share
Tuesday To-Do

Pin It

12 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

I love your wood props! So many ways to use wood and color! Thanks for sharing. I always love seeing your many creative ways using photography. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kathy McB said...

FABULOUS idea! Thanks for sharing your secrets.

Jules said...

How clever! I have actually done a couple of layouts on that very same scrapbook paper.....love it!!!! Have a great weekend!

Carla from The River said...

Very clever. :-)
I did not think of using scrap book paper. You ROCK GIRL!
Thank you for sharing too. :-)

Ida said...

Who would have thought that scrapbook paper would work as a backdrop. I've got "tons" of paper so now I'll be on the lookout for patterns that will work for photos. Thanks for the tip.

Becky said...

Love the wood paper! I've used polka dots and other fun papers before, but never thought about wood! Great idea!!

Dawn said...

Tricky! I never would have known!

Karen said...

You're a sneaky one!! And very resourceful :). Great idea and thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

OH MY GOSH! I didn't realize they were paper. Now I feel like I need to go to Hobby Lobby ASAP - of course, when do I not feel that way ;)

I love how you style your photographs though, and I so love this easy trick!

Morgan said...

Wha???? You got me! I thought they were just console tables or dressers you had around the house. That's a great idea. :)

Morgan said...

Wha???? You got me! I thought they were just console tables or dressers you had around the house. That's a great idea. :)

Lana L. said...

Wow...what a great idea! I'm new to blogging and terrible at pictures, but I'm working on it. This idea will be a great help. Thank you!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails