I can't believe I'm singing winter's praises, especially when the temperature plummeted about 30 degrees last night, but there are a few things that I do like about the winter season.
Cozy fires
Cozy fires
Cocktails by the fire are nice too...
not to mention flannel pj's and fuzzy socks...
and blankets too!Snow
I even usually like shoveling, it burns a lot of calories and I can forego my workout on shoveling days.
some hanging under the deck.
Sweaters
Sweaters
It's nice to wear a warm, fuzzy sweater on cold days.
Holidays
There's Christmas
(and Hanukkah,most years)
New Year's Eve
Valentine's Day
and even St. Patrick's Day falls in winter.
Check out our Irish Night Party here.
Birthdays/Parties
I became a mom in the month of February and it's always nice to have that birthday to look forward to and that party to plan to each year. Now, said birthday girl is off to college but her break worked out this year to celebrate with us.
Check out our Irish Night Party here.
Birthdays/Parties
I became a mom in the month of February and it's always nice to have that birthday to look forward to and that party to plan to each year. Now, said birthday girl is off to college but her break worked out this year to celebrate with us.

















13 comments:
This is so great! I need a reminder that I really do love Purim (6 degrees out there!)
I've enjoyed looking at your Winter Praises. Love me a fire too! Now that is some ice and snow! This morning it is chilly in my neck of the woods but with Florida..it can be 90 degrees 2 hours from now! LOL! Have a great weekend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Those are a lot of great reasons to love winter! We definitely had our fair share of winter here....well at least by TX standards! Have a great weekend!
I love this list of reasons to love winter!
I think my favorite are the holidays and the clothes and the snow (man do I miss the snow!) Its my first year with a fireplace, but that's quickly becoming one of my favorites too!
I do love winter, it is so cozy! But I definitely don't have as long of a winter here in the South. :( Fires, soup, blankets, movie nights with the fam - all great things about winter time!
Oh it all looks so warm, cozy and lovely!
Happy St. Patrick's Day weekend!
Hi,
I love to cross country ski. So winter is a fave of mine. I think it is beautiful too.
I am READY for spring, this winter was hard...cold, cold, cold here in Northwest Wisconsin.
I loved this post! I'm ready for Spring though!
Love that coaster sitting under your glass of wine. You DO make winter look beautiful, but I am still happy it's almost Spring. Here's to hoping we get through this week without any snow :)
I would have to agree with you on every single one! Even beginning a mom in February :)
Hmm ... You make winter sound ALMOST bearable! There is nothing like a cozy fireplace!
Ready for spring is right.
Great post Heather. I love Christmas and then snow, not that we have had any this year. I hate to be cold though. My had hate the cold :( I like to get all cozy :)
Post a Comment