Monday, March 24, 2014

{Recipes} Tested and Approved!

I'm sharing a few recipes that I tested out this winter but didn't take enough photos of any of them to warrant their own posts. They were all "thumbs-up" in my book and I will definitely make them again! 
1)Stuffed Spaghetti Squash-Lasagna Style from Celiac In The City
I adapted this one by using vegetarian sausage and skipping the ricotta cheese.
Melty, cheesy and filling and you can eat in the squash shell!
You know how I love my spaghetti squash.
 

2)Creamy Pumpkin Faux-sotto from Hungry Girl
I was in the mood for butternut squash risotto and this one mimics the flavors with easy to use pumpkin puree.  It's similar to her Mushroom Faux (Risotto) that I love and it didn't disappoint!  She uses cauliflower to bulk up the rice and you cannot tell the difference one it all cooks up.
A generous 1 1/4 cup serving has 6 Points+.






3) Quinoa &Veggie Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hungry Girl
Another hit from HG.  I don't remember ever making acorn squash before this.  It was easy to roast it in the oven and then stuff it full of quinoa and healthy veggies.  You get to eat a whole half of a squash and it only has 5 Points+.
4.)Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins from Healthy, Happy Life
Miss Middle School baked these yummy muffins up on National Peanut Butter day (January 24).
What a way to celebrate such a momentous occasion!  The chocolate chips add just enough sweetness to these rich, chewy and dense muffins.
Linking Up With:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Thrifty Things Friday
Tasty Tuesday
Pin It

5 comments:

Kathy McB said...

I'm going to have to check out using cauliflower to bulk up a rice dish...sounds wonderful!

Tamar SB said...

Mmm I didn't eat enough squash this winter (oh wait, it's 15 degrees right now...)

How did I miss national PB day - it was my b-day - how fitting!!

Carla from The River said...

Yummy. Thank you for sharing. Great job with your photos.
:-)

Becky said...

These look delicious!! I especially like the stuffed spaghetti squash-lasagna style. Abie and I made your roasted garbanzo beans over the weekend, yummy!!!

Katie said...

These all look so good! I bet the peanut butter muffins would be my favorite! I love anything at all with peanut butter in it.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails