Friday, March 28, 2014

{Recipe} Guinness Brownies with Bailey's Icing

I made these brownie bites for Irish Night. They were so easy and so good!
 Guinness Brownies with Bailey's Icing
1 box of brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate)
1 bottle of Guinness (you won't need the whole thing, so you have enough left over to make my Leek & Cheddar Dip!)
                           
Prepare brownies according to package directions, substituting the Guinness for water in the recipe.
Bake in mini muffin pans.  You really don't taste the Guinness so it's more for fun than flavor. 
I promise!
Let cool while you prepare the icing.


   Icing:
6 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 TBS of half and half(or heavy cream)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 TBS Bailey's Irish Cream
Green food coloring
Beat cream cheese and half & half until smooth, gradually add in the powdered sugar. 
Add the Bailey's and food coloring last.
 I made some with and some without the Bailey's. (The Bailey's has a very strong flavor so since I was making a half batch of it, I used 1 TBS.)
Pipe the icing on the brownie bites.
 Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Pin It

12 comments:

Jules said...

Goodness...these sound absolutely scrumptious!!! I am so glad that there is only a picture and I am not having to resist them in person! Have a great weekend!

Debbiedoos said...

Oh Yummy! A taste of Ireland!

Tamar SB said...

There is 0 way to make these GF but - holy wow!

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks good..but CHOCOLATE is GOOD! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh my yum! I am pinning this.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Dawn said...

Whoa!

Becky said...

So when I read this to Mike he said, "shut your mouth" hahahahaha! Looks like we might be trying these out, huh?

Katie said...

These look awesome! I definitely can't make these anytime soon or I will really tempt AJ to break Lent. He has to give up something different next year so I can make these for St. Patrick's Day!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home said...

These look amazing! I would love it if you shared this at my Tasty Tuesday party!
http://www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com/2014/03/tasty-tuesday-5.html

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh my, I love baileys, I bet these taste amazing :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays....

Clairejustine oxox said...

Thanks again for sharing at Creative Mondays, featuring and pinning this week at the blog hop :)

Sharon S said...

Hi there! These look so delicious thanks for sharing!! x

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails