Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Warm and Thrifty

I popped into Goodwill to find a sweater for the St Patrick's Day parade and couldn't believe it when I stumbled upon this one (on top).  The dancers in the parade had to wear Irish knit sweaters while they were walking so I had just purchased (a much more expensive) one for my daughter but didn't expect to find one for myself. I found a 100% Merino Wool Inis Craft Irish sweater for $5.50!!
I instagrammed this photo of my stack of sweaters that I found that day but you can't see them all in the photo so here they are....
Here's a solid black Izod pullover.  I'm loving the layered look of a blouse under my sweater.
The Irish wool sweater.
I also found this long green sweater that I wore for Irish Night (post coming soon).
What's with the hats you may be asking? 
They were our hats for the parade and we had fun with them.
And finally this green argyle sweater also came home with me. I wanted options in case I didn't wear the Irish sweater in the parade and I love argyle.
This week's photography assignment is self portrait so I was practicing that in my argyle sweater standing on the tub of course. Doesn't everyone?
I also found this cute little vase that says "Je T'aime". It had a little chip in it but I used some red Sharpie marker on it and it's good as new! I think it was .25c.
It's amazing what you can find in the thrift store. 
Pin It

21 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Ok, I need you to come to Boston and take me thrifting b/c I am hesitant but need to jump off the thrifting cliff!

Creations By Cindy said...

You aced it girl on the sweaters! Love them all! My kind of thrifting! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Clairejustine oxox said...

You did great with the jumpers, I love a bargain :)

camp and cottage living said...

Oh yes, the argyle is my favorite too.
Those hats are so cute! I'd be tempted to wear them way beyond St Pattie's Day...

Jules said...

What amazing sweater finds...they are all so perfect for St, Patrick's Day! And you can't beat that sweet little vase for a quarter!

Katie said...

I love all of your sweater finds! Especially that argyle one. The colors in it are great!

I always take selfies in the bathroom (that sounds weirder than I meant it too! Just because of the mirror!) But our tub is next to the mirror, not in front of it, so I usually bring in my step stool...or climb on the turned over (hopefully empty!) garbage can!

Karen said...

Don't you just love when you come home with a bag full of great finds?! It looks like a successful shopping spree.

Carla from The River said...

LOVE your Goodwill posts. :-)
Great job...love all your sweaters.
I also love your hats.

Dawn said...

That argyle sweater is the best!!

Love Of Quilts said...

Amazing finds! Never know what's to be found hiding in the thrift store. I know I have many, many fines.

Becky said...

What awesome sweaters!!! Seriously, you find the best stuff!! I love the pictures too, I'm going to have to remember that bathtub trick!!

carol l mckenna said...

Creative photos of fantastic finds ~ love the Irish Knit and the red bottle ~ You are so creative!

artmusedog and carol, xxx

edenhills said...

Loving the Irish look.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Love to go thrifting! My personal favorite of your *new* sweaters is the argyle! And the hats!
The tub always makes a great photo prop... LOL!

Ida said...

What a great sweater find. Sadly I'm allergic to wool but I'm happy for you. I love that Green Sweater.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Wow! Impressive! I never find stuff like that...

fredamans said...

I love that argyle sweater! Definitely my style!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

my daughter picked up knitting, and is crazy into it. I stopped knitting a long time ago.

Maria Long said...

What a fun and festive st patrick's day party. Love for you to link this up to our Fridayfrenzy craft and recipe party if you have time http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/march-28-recipes-and-crafts-blogs.html

April Tuell said...

I love going to thrift stores, there are so many treasures there, as you've shown with your haul. I'd love to own ALL of the sweaters. THANK YOU for sharing with us on the Friday Frenzy link up, and we hope you'll join us again next week!

April

Morgan said...

I love argyle! That green sweater is too cute! You had some great finds :) I am a huge fan of sweaters - all kinds. I also love the hats you and your daughter are wearing! Those are awesome!

I just love the color green. I even went to a college where the colors are green and yellow, haha. I didn't pick it because of that, but it was a nice perk! Love all my spirit wear. ;)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails