Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mostly Patriotic Thrifting and Summer Mantel Update

I posted this PicCollage on Instagram a few weeks ago after a thrifting trip.
 I wasn't planning to buy more patriotic decor but it was too good to pass up. We were looking for costume pieces for my daughter's upcoming show but didn't find anything that would work for that. All was not lost though. She did find a cool silver vintage owl pendant and some Wade Whimsy pieces to add to her growing collection. {sweet!}
You can see the pendant in this pretty pic.
I found a few treasures too. Like this Old Glory wooden sign
and this navy tin star.  I think it's a candle plate?
I couldn't resist this little stoneware bowl.  
It's holding grape tomatoes on the counter and looking all red, white and beautiful when the sun hits it.
I was able to upgrade our plastic chess set with this more substantial wooden one.
The mantel got a quick update with my 'new' pieces. They fit in nicely with the No-Sew Bunting and other summer decorations.  
We spent less than $20 on everything, if only we had been that close on our Thrift Shop Challenge.
Have you been doing any summer thrifting?

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with:
Pin It

8 comments:

Jules said...

I am always amazed at all the goodies you come up with while thrifting. I swear I will try someday! Great finds!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so much more fun to bargain shop and get so much for your money. I love your pretty banner, too! Hugs!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love that you found some awesome red, white and blue treasures! Your mantel is perfect!! Thanks for sharing your finds on TTF.

Linda

scrappymo! said...

I have not had time this summer but it ishigh on the agenda for next...We are off to england for a month...so excited!

Your bargains were fabulous and your your mantle looks so great!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your mantle looks fabulous! I adore the new chess set.'

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dawn said...

Your mantle looks great! Nice treasures you found!

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Great patriotic finds! Your mantel looks great too.

Smiles,
Rachael
The Joyful Thrifter

Katie said...

These thrift store finds are awesome! I think the sign is my favorite piece!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails