Friday, July 12, 2013

Chalk It Up

We did a quick little tweak to our kitchen chalk board.  It's been propped up in the corner of the kitchen on a little stool since we got it.  
{from Ikea, years ago but I think they still carry it}
It's not only been functional (like when we had this party) but it's also fun for putting up seasonal quotes and sayings. 
 My niece likes coloring on it when she's over too.
It would even get propped up by the Christmas tree occasionally but it didn't really have a permanent home.

 This was its latest design that I shamelessly copied borrowed from this etsy shop
I was practicing my chalk art trying to emulate some that I truly admired.
 
It was propped up in the corner as well until....
We moved it (and hung it up)!
{hurrah!}
The chalkboard (it's also magnetic) finally has a permanent place in the kitchen now.  I thought this bead board wall next to the oven and as you enter the kitchen would be perfect.  
It doesn't cover too much of the wall that we love and it also brings your eye to the wall, making it more of a focal point.  Since we worked so hard on adding bead board to the kitchen we want it to be noticeable!
I need to do a new design for summer.
Maybe something like this.
I could always go for a margarita.

Happy weekend and are you following me on Bloglovin'?

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with:
Pin It

9 comments:

Jules said...

Heather, I think it looks great hanging and definitely draws your eye to the beautiful beadboard. I think I have pretty good handwriting when I am thinking about it, but for some reason that did not carry over to using chalk. :( Bring on the margaritas!!!!!

Monica said...

Ooh, I love your beadboard wall! And the chalkboard too - That is a great quote. I love how you wrote it. Even if you did "steal" the idea! ;)

Dawn said...

Your design is awesome!

Bliss said...

Since I've never been in your house I can't say if you got the wall right for the chalkboard, but I can say you got the saying right!
Bliss

Kathy McB said...

I LOVE when I go out to restaurants and shops and see those chalkboards with calligraphy skills that I could only wish for. And here YOU have those mad skills! Fantastic!

chateau chic said...

You found a great place for your chalkboard! I've been trying to figure out where to hang one in my kitchen.
Thanks for stopping by,
Mary Alice

EG CameraGirl said...

Fun idea and the chalkboard looks great in your kitchen.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

It looks perfect hanging there,and your chalk art is stunning. Wow, I think you have this mastered. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Katie said...

Your chalk art is gorgeous!!!!

It looks like the chalkboard has found a great home on the kitchen wall!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails