Friday, December 21, 2012

Rub & Buff to the Rescue

I don't know how this little door knob escaped the Great De-Brassification of 2010 but it did. 
When we made over the girls' bathroom, Miss Middle School asked me if we were ever going to change out that poor hideous knob to their linen closet.  That's when (and how) it came to my attention.
I wasn't up for a full replacement so I tried this stuff.
I had seen some other bloggers use Rub 'n Buff in different projects. I found it at Michael's and picked out the Silver Leaf color.   It was worth a try, right?
I'd heard that a little goes a long way and the best way to apply it is with your finger.
I thought I could spread it on neatly and not get any on the door.
Well, I should have known better and of course I got some of it on the door.
uh oh!
This stuff worked like a charm.
Try #2, I used some painters tape to protect the door, this time (duh!)
Rub, buff and remove the tape. 
Voila! A new-ish knob that coordinates with the finishes in the bathroom for pennies!

Linking up with:
Thursday Favorite Things

Pin It

7 comments:

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea! Let us know how it holds up! That bathroom looks fab!

jeanetteann said...

Wish we could get that stuff here. Like you said everyone in blogland seems to use it. Looks good now.

EG CameraGirl said...

Rub 'n Buff looks amazing! I wonder if it will wear off after the knob has been used for a while.

Life in Rehab said...

You may not remember when I did our 90's brass ceiling fan in silver 2 1/2 years ago....it still looks EXACTLY like it did the day I finished it! Great job there! Little touches like that make a huge difference.

Were you planning to give it a protective coat of sealer? (Your daughters aren't quite as destructive as my brood.)

Katie said...

Wow! This is really cool! I love how it looks, and how easy it is!

A Vintage Fairy said...

I may have to try this. I love the color on your bathroom walls! Have a great day.

Katherines Corner said...

nicely done. I think I would have to take the knob off though, I am messy, giggle. Happy New Year wishes and thank you for sharing at the hop. I hope you will stop by again tomorrow for the new giveaway! xo

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails