Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Mantel 2012

It's so nice to have most of our decorations up and in place.
The mantel is one of my favorite places to decorate.
This year's mantel is pretty similar to last year's with it's red and white color scheme.  
I did get one new piece-the Santa subway art- that I found on this trip.  I have it propped up with a cookbook stand.
The rest of the pieces are things that I had and have collected and used over the years.
I added my thrifted Skotch Kooler and thermos to the hearth that I got for my daughter's graduation party decor.
 

The decorations on the garland are all from Ikea

The puffy fabric stars are new this year (also Ikea).
I think it's finally done.
 I've been tweaking it here and there but at some point I need to stop and just enjoy it.
Did you check out my Starbucks Cup Angels?

Linking up with:





Pin It

8 comments:

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your Christmas mantel looks great Heather! I love your plaid cooler and thermos. Love all the red.

YolandaR said...

Very cute! I love your new santa subway art!

Katie said...

I am loving the new blog look! (Please tell me its new and I'm not just that bad at observing!)

I love the mantle. The red and white and silver look great together. And the Santa subway art is really cool!

The re-use of the cooler is great! It matches really well with the Christmas decor!

Lindalou said...

It looks wonderful. I really want that Santa Subway Art. My mantel is still in starting stages, but on it's way. Might have to hit up Target for some inexpensive additions.

(Love the Ikea decorations too, but my Ikea store is an hour plus away and just not up to making the drive.)

SweetPepperRose said...

Sweet Mantel! Love that you put little ornaments in the garland.
JoAnn

karen@somewhatquirky said...

I like the strict color restriction - so very red and white. Nice job.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

What a gorgeous mantel! Love the colours! Angie xo

Stacey said...

Very pretty!
Love those adorable red lanterns!
Thanks for linking up to the Christmas Mantel Linky Party at Embracing Change!
Stacey

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails