Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dining Room Curtains...Finally!

My naked windows finally are decent!


Meet the Lappljung's...
from Sweden.
We haven't had curtains in there since we took down the sheers last March.
We went from this...
(an old picture of the sheers)
To this...the valances were there from the previous owner's of the house and not my style.
I loved having more natural light in there after the sheers came down.
 I wasn't sure what kind of window treatments I wanted and most of the curtains that I did like were going to set me back at least $200 a window (ouch!)
Until I found these beauties at Ikea.
They were only $14.99/pair and the bold red print caught my eye.
I really like them against the chocolate brown walls.


I did have to hem them but I used iron on tape so no sewing was involved.
I found simple, inexpensive ORB (oil rubbed bronze) rods at Target, which is just what I wanted.
  Since I also wanted the curtains to stay as wide open as possible, I used drapery rings with clips on them (also from Target).
I think they freshen up the room and give it a more modern feel.


Pin It

6 comments:

Monica said...

I really like them! I can't decide if I want curtains in our dining/living room, but we're going to IKEA this weekend. I'll have to check them out!

Lindalou said...

These are perfect. Great job.

I appreciated your fabric store comment. It made me feel like I wasn't alone.

Katie said...

They look great! I love how they stay open so the room gets lots of light!

scrappymo! said...

They look great against the walls and look good on those rods.
Such a difference from the first picture.

Kara said...

I love the color and pattern. They look very nice.

Jules said...

They look beautiful! I love the brown and red combination and your house looks soooo festive!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails