Monday, November 14, 2011

October Catch-Up & Wrap-Up

I know it's already mid-November so there's no way I can get all of my October happenings posted in a timely manner so I am just wrapping it up with a catch up (and wrap up) post.

1. I had a wonderful birthday including a city lunch date with my husband here
 and received some really nice gifts.
like this prettily wrapped package (full of Bath & Bodyworks goodies)
 some new charms for my Chamilia bracelet
and this Bad Boy of Waffle making.  Swoon!
I was able to pick out some new clothes for myself on my shopping adventures like this sweater and scarf combo.  (Please excuse the goofy photo).
Sweater: Free People
Scarf: Charlotte Russe
Here's something I didn't even know existed until arrived at my door from my sister. It's a Fuji Instax Wide camera and it takes instant photos (just like a Polaroid).  It was a big hit at the parties we hosted.
I can't forget to mention this Sake Blossom candle from Anthropologie that I am still enjoying.
I also received this awesome book by the uber talented Novogratz decorating duo. I can't wait to sit down and read it from cover to cover.
I received some cash that I'm planning on using for a new camera bag/purse if I can decide which one I want. I'm leaning towards this one.
It's the Stella bag from Epiphanie.

2. The celebrating didn't end as we hosted two parties for my resident tween who turned 12.
 Her first sleepover bash for her friends.
 and an Italian Hipster Nerd Party for the family.
 We put together this pinned DIY Italian Soda Bar for both parties.
Do you Pinterest? Follow me here, I'll follow back!
3.  My oldest daughter made amazing macaroons for the party. She's made them before but they've always been devoured before I could take a picture.
I made sure to snap a bunch this time!


She uses a cookbook called Macaroons that she found in the bargain section at Barnes & Noble this summer.
4. We attended our last high school mother/daughter tea together.
 She won these adorable centerpieces!
 The seniors sang a tribute song to their moms.
I held it together by taking lots of pictures and video (just barely).
She's wearing her Missoni dress from Tarjay that we got here.
5. The tween made tie-dye Halloween cupcakes for her school party.
 She used the same technique we used for her tie-dye party cupcakes here but used orange, black and purple as the cake colors.
She was quite the busy cup cake baker this month. She also made her birthday cupcakes.
6. Speaking of cakes, we also made our first Diaper Cake for our book club baby shower.
7.  We tackled a few home improvement projects like power washing and staining the deck.
 Here it is, mid-staining...what a difference.
And adding this magnetic chalkboard accent wall in my daughter's room.
8. I also had the privilege of photographing this little cherub.
She sure keeps us on our toes!
9. It was a super busy month and I still haven't mentioned the snow storm 
 and chilly Halloween 
November is shaping up to be pretty busy too.  Are you feeling the same way?

Pin It

9 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Happy late birthday. Lots of nice gifts and lots of nice photos of the family. Trish

Teresa said...

Well, you certainly have been busy. Happy Birthday!

anitamombanita said...

love the scarf...happy birthday. And I know the book says macaroons, but they look like meringues...which are my faves... all the food pix make me hungry!!! LOL

Sue said...

Wow! Some great birthday fun, all around!!

Happy, happy!

=)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your gifts and party foods. What fun!

Karen S. said...

Oh I just loved every photo....what fun you all have! Life is so good, right?!!!! Happy, happy BIRTHDAY!

Sandy said...

Such a busy, fun month you had. I sure miss my kids when they were teens. Enjoy these next few years, they leave home so fast!
Great shots.
Sandy

upinthecosmos said...

Looks like fun times were had by all & Nov is nearly over ready but it's bringing me much money spent & a fixed up house so I'm excited:-)

Jenny said...

Wow. What a glorious birthday! You don't look a day over 19, my dear!

I loved your italian soda party. I'm thinking about doing something like that around Christmas! Yum!

It looks like you had wonderful treats and treasures on your special day!

You are definitely well loved!

Thanks for sharing your celebration with us for Alphabe-Thursday's letter "C".

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails