Wednesday, November 9, 2011

{Entertaining} Italian Hipster Nerd Party

How's that for a theme?
We picked a nerd theme for my daughter's family party. My idea was more the hipster nerd but we let our guests interpret it as they liked.  The Italian part was based on our menu.  We served baked farfalle, meatballs-both regular and meatless, The Bread (from Pioneer Woman) and salad.  We also set up the Italian Soda Bar again since it was such a hit at this party.
Here's the cute little 'nerdy' birthday girl.
Not so little anymore either.

See how she's taller than me now! Everyone is!
That's why I don't wear flats too often, but I was digging these sparkly Converse (borrowed from the birthday girl).
We had fun with the nerd glasses.
My niece went all out with her attire.
This family always gets in on the theme!
Time to eat!
I didn't get any photos of the food but I did manage to snap a few of the desserts.
There were two kinds of macaroons made by the teen-pumpkin spice and vanilla, Andes mint chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, cupcakes, fruit, chocolate covered almonds, ice cream and birthday cake. A lot of people thought my candy corn decoration was for eating, which was fine but funny!
I bought the cake, it's one she really loves from here and no I don't get anything for saying this, we just really like it.
Opening presents..this photo cracks me and shows how chaotic it can get!
 She was thrilled with this mini instant camera!
Someone even used the invitation to make her card!
Happy Birthday Sweetie!!

Pin It
Linking up with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Sugar & Spice
Alphabe-Thursday
Thursday Blog Hop
Show And Tell
Inspiration Friday
VIP Party
I'm Lovin' It
TGIF
Feature Yourself Friday
Market Yourself Monday
Making The World Cuter
Tutorials & Tips
Pin It

16 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Hee hee, nice shoes, Mom! Everything looks delicious too.

Fabiana ~ Ciao! Newport Beach said...

I love a good theme party, and this one is hilarious!

Now following...hope you'll stop by again really soon...

ciao

Judie said...

What a terrific idea for a party! The last party I gave was for our Yorkie, Lizzie, when she turned one. I guess you could say it was a theme party, replete with doggie ice cream. I couldn't bring myself to taste it.
Your photos are wonderful!!

The DIY Show Off said...

Looks like so much fun! Great theme and I love how everyone joins in!

Morning said...

this is sweet,
love the girl,
bless all of you here.

:)

Treasia said...

That's a great idea for a themed birthday party. She looked like she had a blast.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful party! The food looks yummy! I love your kitchen!

Francisca said...

Looks like everyone was having a Ball at this Birthday Bash!

Sue said...

What a cool and original idea! Looks like great fun.

=)

Karen S. said...

Nerdy or not it looks like everyone had just a blast!

Love Of Quilts said...

Everyone was having a good time. I could tell. Your daughters had on great outfits. Nice shoes. Lovely kitchen. Have a good weekend.

Renewed Upon a Dream said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute! What a fun idea for a birthday party! Love how everyone got into the spirit of it ;)

Lauren said...

I think it's a great idea!!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

That is HILARIOUS!! What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing and linking up to TGIF Linky party.
Beth =-)

anitamombanita said...

Looks like a great party!!

I missed the posting deadline for Alphabe-Thursday this week...feel free to stop by, tho... :)

Jenny said...

What a wonderful party. I definitely need to come to one of your shingdigs! It looks like you really think of everything!

One of the best themed parties I've seen!

And wow. You look gorgeous, girl. And your house...just beautiful.

Thanks for linking up.

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails