Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tie Dye Cupcakes & Party

We hosted a little tie-dye sleepover.  What would be the perfect thing to serve?  She(Little Miss Hostess) wanted tie-dye cupcakes.  These looked pretty incredible. We'd give it a go.
We started with this cake mix and followed the directions for a white cake(meaning no yolks).
Divided up the batter into six bowls and added food coloring to each. Luckily I had a lot of the colors we needed.
We used paste food colors for all of the colors except blue. For the blue we used liquid food coloring.
Layered them in the muffin cups.
Don't they look cute?
She iced them.
Added some sprinkles.

It all started with this kit that we bought last summer and never got around to using.

I found these cool foam glow sticks at Michael's.
They had a lot of fun with them.
We had these water balloons and some were even tie-dyed!
They did some tie-dyeing(and they all ended up with dyed feet!)
Played some games.
The shirts turned out great!
I was ready for this!


Linking up with:
Sweet Shot Day



Show and Tell Green





Photobucket

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
Sumo Sweet Stuff



Pin It

21 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

2 of my daughters and kids tie dyed last month all sorts of clothes...t-shirts, bibs, underwear(little boy and big boy!). Your cupcakes would have been a big hit. I'm going to make sure they see this.

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

What a cute idea, Heather! I love these! And how fun for kids to help! LOVE it!!!

Marissa said...

what a cute idea and looks like fun! the shirts did turn out great and I wanna make some of those cupcakes TODAY :) Yum!

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

What a fun party! Glad they all had a great time.

Erin said...

LOVE all the tie die! Especially the balloons. So cool!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

I'm His Kid said...

I absolutely love this idea. My son being the "artist" will love the cupcakes immensely.

Erin Wallace said...

Fun, fun, fun! The tie-dyed cup cakes are wonderful, and it's always a good timeto tie-dye a shirt! Looks like a wonderful time!

xo Erin

clschaan said...

what a cool idea!! Five stars to you for being so creative. Thankyou for following me on my blog .. I'm now following you!

One Cheap Canadian Mom

Lizzi said...

I love these fun cupcakes! I've never seen cupcakes like these before. Sounds like a great party.

(Here by way of Sweet Shot Tuesday)

beingzaraandzidan said...

wow! this really looks cool. just one question, wont it all get mixed up??
I just loved ur idea. Thanx for sharing. I love baking & I am def gonna try this

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

very cute, I keep meaning to try this and I keep forgetting!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

I love those tie dyed cupcakes - they are wonderful!

Amy said...

Oh that is such a fun time. Love the cupcakes.

Leigh said...

I love the cupcake idea, I'll have to try that someday with my daughter.

Life in Rehab said...

Savannah and I are in LOVE with this and will be totally hacking it for her 16th in three weeks. Those cupcakes are amazing!

shopannies said...

what a great idea for a tie dye party so fun. I love the cupcakes did they all turn out differently like tie dye tees do? THanks for the pictures loved the vibrant colors

Randi said...

Those turned out so great! I love how vibrant the colors are. Thanks for sharing.

Heather@myeverydaygraces said...

Ok, that is some serious dedication and follow through to a theme! Very cool, Heather...

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

What a super fun idea! My kids would love something like this. Thanks for linking to Messy Monday and for your thoughts and prayers for my brother. I really appreciate it.

Jerri said...

I just love your cupcakes! So fun!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week! Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

The Lucky Wife @ The Saturday Evening Pot said...

OH, MY, LOOK AT THAT! What a neat idea. Never a dull moment with children, eh? Sounds like she got the creative gene for sure!! :)

Would love for you to link this one in our Star Recipes Collection (recently started but growing daily)!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails