Thursday, October 28, 2010

{Recipe} Pumpkin Magic Cookie Bars

This recipe came out of desperation.

 I had leftover pumpkin puree and needed to bring a dessert to a party. I was thinking originally of making a pumpkin cake roll but I was out of 10X sugar so I looked for a pumpkin bar recipe.  I couldn't find an exact recipe for what I wanted to make and with what I had on hand so I created my own and hoped for the best.

Crush up a packet of graham crackers and pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over the crumbs. Bake in a 350 F oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown.  Remove from oven.


In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of pumpkin puree, 1 package of softened cream cheese (8 ounce), 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg, cinnamon & cloves..any combination of these three would work well). Mix with an electric mixer until well blended.


Spread the pumpkin mixture of the crust (you don't have to wait for the crust to cool).

Now you can get creative with whatever combination of goodies you like or have available.
We started with a layer of white chocolate chips (about 1 cup).  I only had a few semi sweet chocolate chips so we added them and then chopped up a few Dove milk chocolates (how bad could that be?).

Then some coconut (about 1 cup).

Then some chopped walnuts.
Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk over the whole thing and bake at 350 F for about 25-35 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. 
It should look something like this.  Let cool.  I cut and sampled one after it cooled and it was a little too soft so I put the whole tray into the fridge to firm up and they were much better that way.

They were delicious!!  Two of my favorite flavors in one yummy bar!
Linking up with:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend  wrap    up           party!






Pin It

18 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Those look SO yummy. Your blog is absolutely beautiful...I will be back. Happy Thursday!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

I'll say that's Two of my favorites, too! Thanks for the yummy recipe and for stopping by CollectInTexas Gal for my Friendly Texas post.

Sourkraut said...

Ooh, these look good. I love pumpkin-flavored anything!

Eve said...

Oh yum, this seems so delicious. It so nice to have the crunchy and soft in one bar. I like, I like :D

Julie Harward said...

This looks yummy! And I like that it came from your head..where most good recipes and ideas come from! :D

Life in Rehab said...

Thom is a HUGE pumpkin fan, we'll have to try this.

Let me just jot it on the list...

Kathy said...

I love anything pumpkin -I'm going to make these bars this week-end -I'll have to let you know how they turn out :-) Thanks for sharing

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

Looked delicious! Trish

Dixie Mom said...

Oh, those made my mouth water! Found you on One Fine Day..

Jana said...

Delicious. Perfect in preparations for the holidays. I am a new follower. You can find me at www.adoctorandanurse.com. Thanks for sharing that fab recipe with us. Jana

Radhika said...

That looks delicious! I am definitely going to try that someday.
I stumbled upon your blog from Blog Hop Friday. Love your blog! I will definitely stop by again!

Coffee Please!?! said...

Looks scrumptious! thanks for sharing the recipe. love your blog. following you from today's friday follow. ;-)

Tanya said...

This looks so delicious!

Katie said...

These look and sound amazing! I'm your newest follower. Please try to stop by and link up this recipe and other's at KatiesCucina.blogspot.com

Lizzy said...

visiting from Tatertots & Jello--looks delicious! I've been on the hunt for pumpkin recipes, I'll add this one to my list to try! Thanks!

Katie said...

Thank you for linking up to Whats Cookin In The Kitchen on Katie's Cucina! Make sure you stop by again this Friday to link up new recipes!!!

Leanne said...

These look so yummy! I can't wait to make them. Thanks for linking them to the Autumn Point of View link party. I'm featuring this on my blog today.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This really looks yummy! I would love for you to link this post to my Thanksgiving link up!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails