Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Laundry Room Part 2

 We gave our laundry room a mini makeover with some leftover paint and a new throw rug.  I wanted to make this area where we keep the recyclable and hangers a little neater too.

Where to look for a solution? My new Ikea catalogue of course! I did some measuring and calculating and headed off to the store.  They actually had everything that I needed in stock!

Meet Antonius (cue the angel choir)

{frame}

+

{drawers}
+

{desktop}

x 2
=

Lovely,organized and economical storage combination!


 I have a spot for quick folding if I need to and everything is tucked away in the drawers.  The $2 casters make them easy to move around to wherever we need them.

Now we have plenty of room to sort the recyclables and if it gets dirty, I can easily wash out the draweres and pop them back in.

We didn't have as much room for hanging coats and sweatshirts after Antonius moved in so I found new homes for them and we use these hooks for shorter hangables.

I added some labels to the drawers so there's no question where things go.


The top drawer holds all of the hangers now so when they're not being used, they can be put away and out of sight.  The bottom drawer holds some cleaning products, the watering can and step stool. They are really deep and roomy!
So what do you think of Antonius?  Do you love him as much as I do?
You can see more of him here.

Linking up with:





UndertheTableandDreaming





Pin It

15 comments:

Mel said...

I'm now crushing on Antonius too :)

Simple and organized, love it.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I have the stackable wire baskets in our laundry room makeover and they are wonderful. Doesn't it make you feel better to have it all organized???

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! said...

I'm loving Ikea. This looks great. It looks so nice tucked in the corner. Good job :)

Life in Rehab said...

Wow, now THAT'S a storage solution! "Oh Sam, honey, we need to run out to IKEA..."

Debbie said...

Yes, love at first site here. Great to be so organized.

iheartorganizing said...

SO envious, I have been eying up those storage systems for quite awhile, you are making me want to go take the plunge!!

looks incredible!

xoxo,
Jen

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Your laundry room is so nice and clean and organized. That is on my to do list soon.

Lindalou said...

Perfect. Great way to organize your laundry room. You got to love Ikea!

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said...

So organized! I love it!!! I have been an cleaning out and organizing fool in the past week!

Pam said...

I've never been to Ikea, but I am going to have to go (even though it's 2 hours from here). Those drawer things are great.

Eve said...

Love it. Those deep draws are so neet looking and useful to the max! I could really do with them in my life :D

I love the carpet as well. Very calm and welcoming. You have great design taste Heather.

Melissa said...

so jealous of your orginzation skill! Great job.

Sarah said...

Nice work! Such a great system!

I am one of your newest followers thanks to Remodelaholic. I am sure glad you linked up!

K said...

What are the drawers and desktop? Are they also from IKEA! and if so what is the name? Thanks.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@K Yes, the drawers and top are from IKEA and the line is Antonius.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails