Friday, January 20, 2017

{Recipe Testing} Sesame Eggplant with Almond Butter Tofu

I was looking for something different to make with eggplant and came upon this recipe from Minimalist Baker.
 It looks a little complicated but it really came together pretty quickly once I gathered all of my ingredients.
 First off is the tofu.  It's pressed to get out any excess moisture, then cut into cubes.  Make the almond butter sauce (almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup and chili sauce).
 Dredge the tofu cubes in cornstarch.
 Saute them in sesame oil.
 Add sauce and cook a little longer.  Remove from pan to keep warm.
 Chop up the eggplant into cubes. Add to same pan.
 Cook eggplant with soy sauce, maple syrup and sesame seeds in some sesame oil until browned on all sides.
Assemble your bowl of delicious-ness.  Add rice (optional), eggplant and tofu to a bowl.
Garnish with red cabbage and kimchi.  Serve immediately. The almond butter tofu really makes this recipe amazing!
(Notes: I cut down the amount of sesame oil that was called for in the recipe and it was still delish! I would give this recipe 4 out of 5 stars).  Definitely worth trying!
 Let's Keep In Touch!
Pin It

8 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, you make the healthiest recipes. Thanks for sharing them with us all! Hope you have a nice weekend. :) Julie xo

Tamar SB said...

mm! Sometimes I miss tofu! I love using almond butter in my stir fries!

Barefoot by the Sea said...

Wow, this looks amazing. I love when you test out recipes and share your yummy finds!

Carla from The River said...

We are HUGE fans of eggplant. Thank you! Pinning! Carla

Jessica Pelasky said...

What a neat dish! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Morgan said...

Yum! I love eggplant and I've been looking for some new ways to use it. This is such a great idea! The tofu looks so good fried up in the pan!! Yummy.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Thanks again Heather for sharing your healthy recipes with us each week at C&C with J&J.
Enjoy the week.
Julie xo

Clairejustine oxox said...

Hi Heather, this looks so tasty. I have never tried anything like this before, would love to though.

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails