Tuesday, November 29, 2016

{Entertaining} Chili Cook-Off 2016

Good morning and Happy Tuesday to my lovely readers.  I'm back from a little Thanksgiving break which was so nice.   Christmas decorating seems to be in full swing over here so Halloween feels like it was ages ago but it was less than a month ago! We hosted our 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off in the neighborhood for some Halloween fun.
Mr. Click and I dressed up as Axl Rose and Slash from Guns 'n Roses.  I think we got a little too into it. :) My costume was super easy, I only had to buy a black bandana and I borrowed the jacket, plaid shirt, gloves and boots.   He needed the hat, sunglasses and a fake ciggy.  
We set up the cook-off area in our basement since it worked out so well for Miss High School's birthday bash.
We used these voting sheets again and I made some clipboards out of sturdy cardboard and binder clips.
 This year we had two vegetarian chilis and four other chilis to sample.
 Some of the toppings...corn chips and oyster crackers. We also had cheese, salsa and onions.
 Last year I decorated some wooden spoons for the prizes so I kept that tradition alive and did it again..with lots of glitter!
 They are a fun memento from the night if you win one (I didn't).
Here are our winners in order: Most Creative, Spiciest, Best Overall & Good Try.  We had more entries this year so it was even more competitive.
It was another successful cook-off and I hope we continue the tradition!

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Creative Mondays

Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I so need to steal this idea! So much fun!

Carla from The River said...

I think this is a great idea.
Love the costumes. ;-) Do you have a favorite Guns 'n Roses song?

camp and cottage living said...

You and your hubby really hit the mark with your costumes, Heather!
And the chili contest is such a fun party idea.

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

What a fun idea! Laura

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe...this looks like so much fun and I love the outfits! But I truly do love dressing up too!!! Glad you all had fun. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This looks SO fun! You guys have the best parties and your outfits are ON POINT! Can't wait to see your holiday decor - I'm already feeling behind!

Love Of Quilts said...

Your looking good in your attire. Good ideas, lots of fun to be had.

Love Of Quilts said...

What a nice way to spend time with your friends.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails