Monday, November 14, 2016

{Recipe} Pioneer Woman's The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake

This cake has been on my radar to make for a long time, I just needed a big group to serve it to and the right occasion. Miss High School's birthday party was the perfect excuse to try it out.
It's Pioneer Woman's "The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever. "recipe.  I think it's also called Texas Sheet Cake and the recipe has been around for ages.
What I liked about it was that it contained every day ingredients that I usually always have on hand. The only thing I didn't have was buttermilk and she explains how to easily make your own with vinegar and milk.  It's super simple to throw together and it bakes in a jelly roll pan in 20 minutes. Then you top it off with some warm icing and the cake kind of ices itself. 
Her recipe calls for adding pecans to the icing but I left them off and used these fun Sixlet candies on top of the cake.
 The kids seemed to really enjoy it. It's very rich and chocolatey.  The icing really makes it special!
Try it at your next pot luck or party, you won't be disappointed.
Let's keep in touch!


Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

How amazing does that look!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love that cake - and I have to try the recipe! The little sparkler candle is so sweet!

Summer said...

The cake looks lovely! Love the candle too ♥

Clairejustine oxox said...

This cake looks amazing Heather, I could just reach into my screen for a piece :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

One of my favorite chocolate cakes. I bake it for MY birthday every year! I know it as Texas Sheet Cake and now I call it "Colorado Chocolate Sheet Cake." Ha! laura

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, that chocolate cake looks so good and delicious. What a perfect bday cake!

Carla from The River said...

Oh yes, Texas Sheet Cake ... yep, a favorite in this house too. :-)
I love the idea of using Sixlet for the topping.
Carla

Creations By Cindy said...

Well I may just have to try this recipe out on the man of the house! He loves anything Chocolate worse than a woman! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jessica Pelasky said...

This sounds amazing! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails