Tuesday, November 22, 2016

{Review} Skinny & Co Coconut Oil and What is Oil Pulling?

I love coconut oil so when Skinny & Co reached out to me to review their product I was all about it! I loved hearing that Skinny & Co is a cruelty free and Leaping Bunny certified company. All of their coconuts are handpicked and wild-harvested in Vietnam.
I received 5 samples to test out.  There are so many uses for coconut oil, it's not just for cooking.
First off is the the Whipped Body Butter and some of its uses are: moisturize and soothe itchy skin, shaving cream, after sun treatment, soothe skin rash and baby acne. It's a silky whipped blend of 100% raw coconut oil,organic almond oil and essential oils.  Then there's the straight up Coconut Oil.  Skinny & Co's coconut oil is chemical free with no fillers, bleach, blending agents, solvents or toxins.  I learned that it's always alkaline, never acidic and contains only short and medium chain fatty acids(long chain fatty acids are stored as fat).  This allows the body to absorb the oil much easier, enhancing its effectiveness.
 Their coconut oil is 100% raw and truly cold-pressed.  It's never heated about 97 degrees Fahrenheit.  Some more uses for coconut oil: deep conditioning treatment, add to coffee (try it!), tea & smoothies and as a healthy replacement for butter or other common fats. Try it with popcorn!  The Facial Oil is a great make up remover, facial cleanser, daily moisturizer and beard oil for the guys.
 They make a formulation just for Oil Pulling Mouth Wash too.   Do you know about oil pulling? Since I received the sample, I've been doing it in the mornings.  You swish 1 tablespoon of oil in your mouth for 5-20 minutes then spit it out (in the trash, not your sink) rinse, then brush.  Oil pulling is said to detox the body, whiten teeth, remove plaque, increase energy, keep skin clear and reduce headaches among other things.
 I really like their brand because they add natural peppermint oil so your breath feels really fresh after swishing.  I was a little skeptical about oil pulling and it took me awhile to build up the amount of time I could swish it around it my mouth, but my teeth really do feel smooth and clean after I'm done.
Finally this Sugar Scrub had to be my favorite of the bunch.  It can be used to exfoliate skin and lips and it's great for shaving but it tastes SO good....it's really nice in coffee and tea (or straight out of the jar). #dontjudge

If you sign up for Skinny & Co's newsletter, you'll get 10% off of your first order.

Have you tried coconut oil, oil pulling or used it for anything other that cooking? I'd love to hear your tips and experiences.
Disclaimer: I was given this product to review but all opinions are my own.
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Wednesday Blog Hop
Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That sounds amazing!!!

Carla from The River said...

Oh my, the sugar scrub sounds fun!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a great product! I will definitely be looking for this - would make a fantastic gift!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

PS - Just signed up for their newsletter! I think I need that sugar scrub!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Whoo these look and sound lovely Heather :) Love the jars. Thanks for sharing at the Wednesday blog hop..

Bliss said...

Ok, I read from new to older this time till I was caught up. Besides the fact I love cranberries and want some sauce, but I'm not sure how it would go with the chili cook off I'm planning in my mind, but one things for sure the kitchen cabinets OH WOW!!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails