Monday, November 7, 2016

{Recipe} Amazing 3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse

I made this ridiculously easy chocolate mousse for myWhere'd You Go Bernadette book club last month.  It's rich, creamy and dare I say luscious?  The ladies loved it and wanted the recipe so I think they enjoyed every rich spoonful of it.
 To make the mousse you only need three ingredients: full fat coconut milk, cocoa powder and confectioners' 10x sugar. Bam! That's it!!
Start by chilling the coconut milk in the fridge. I also chilled my mixing bowl and whisk attachment.
 

When everything is nice and cold, open the can of coconut milk and scoop out just the solid creamy part of the milk into your cold mixing bowl, leaving any liquid in the can.  I didn't have quite enough with one can of milk (for 6 servings) so I added an almost full carton of culinary coconut milk that I had in the fridge.  So if you're making this for more than 2-3 people, double the amount of coconut milk.
 Start whipping up the coconut cream in your mixer. It should get thick and creamy fairly quickly. Add 2 TBS of sugar (or more to taste) and continue whipping for a minute or two.
 Add 3TBS of cocoa powder (I used dark chocolate) and whip to combine.  You're done!
I put mine in little clear cups and added crushed Oreos for the mudslide look (from the book) and then refrigerated them until serving. It's extremely rich so a little goes a long way!
Of course I also added these little signs on bamboo skewers(another nod to the book) when I served them.
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

7 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I know my Riley will appreciate it! This looks amazing and a great option for the upcoming holidays when there's so many non vegan goodies around!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Whoo this looks yummy, I love chocolate mousse :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays Heather, have a lovely week.

Tamar SB said...

Now I am hungry!!!!

Summer said...

Such a wonderful recipe ♥

Carla from The River said...

Yummy! I agree with Jess, a great recipe for the holidays.

likeschocolate said...

That does really look super easy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Jessica Pelasky said...

This sounds so amazing! PINNED! YUM!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails