Thursday, June 2, 2016

Switchel

Have you heard of Switchel? 
  It was new to me.  I found it at our local natural foods store.  It sounded interesting, acccording to the label that reads "For centuries this restorative drink has quenched the thirst of hard workers on farms across North America including ours."  It's a blend of apple cider vinegar, spring water, honey and ginger.  Zingy!
It sure has a unique taste and it definitely is a thirst quencher. I only need a swig of it at a time but I'm sure a cold glass of this after a hard, hot day in the fields would be so refreshing.  Is this something you'd ever try?  Have you ever heard of it?

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

7 comments:

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

I have not heard of it. It does show a lot of sugar. I'm now in the happy of diluting my drinks with carbonated water. A new favorite canned drink at our house is Bai or Bae drinks? I think that's how it's spelled I grab it in cases at Costco because per can at the store is $2.

Thanks Heather! laura

Tamar SB said...

My trainer swears by cider vinegar! I'll keep an eye out for it!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I've never heard of this Heather! It looks yummy and refreshing!!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I never heard of this beverage Heather! Sounds interesting and worth a try! There are so many different kinds of healthy drinks to try out! Enjoy the rest of the week. :) Julie

Betty said...

I've never heard of it and I'm not very adventurous. I think I'll stick to water. :)

Carla from The River said...

No, I have not heard of it.
I drink a glass of 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar mixed in a full glass of water each morning after my work out. I have been doing that for 3 years now. I read several articles about the benefits of apple cider vinegar. I have to drink it fast, it had a kick!
Carla

Bliss said...

I'm not sold on this one, the zing in zingy is scaring me.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails