Monday, June 6, 2016

Curtains-The Musical

 This was Miss High School's spring musical called "Curtains".   The show was back in April so it's about time I did a post about it.
You know it's going to be an exciting show when you see signs like this in the lobby.
From Wikipedia "the musical is a send-up of backstage murder mystery plots, set in 1959 Boston, Massachusetts and follows the fallout when the supremely untalented star of Robbin' Hood of the Old West is murdered during her opening night curtain call.  It is up to Lt. Frank Cioffi, a police detective who moonlights as a musical theater fan to save the show,solve the case, and maybe even find love before the show reopens, without getting killed himself."  Fun Fact: David Hyde Pierce from Frasier played Frank Cioffi on Broadway.
Miss H.S.  played the part of Bambi Bernet, "a performer in the chorus and daughter of Carmen, the lead producer. 
Hungry to work her way up to leading performer; she has a contentious relationship with her mother, who insists on calling her by her real name, Elaine (Bambi is a stage name.)"
This was such a fun role for her and she got to show off her comedic acting, singing and dancing chops.
Being part of an ensemble cast is such a great experience.  I'm always so impressed with the talent of these kids.
A collage of Bambi's many looks and costume changes.  
Even though rehearsals ruled our lives for three and a half months and we were relieved when the show ends, it's always a major let down when it's over. I always wish I could see " just one more show". (I saw it SIX times, once in dress rehearsal, it never got old!).


Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a production!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

That looks like an amazing production! It's pretty fantastic the dedication these kids have and when it all comes together, it is all SO worth it! xo

Morgan said...

Wow! They worked really hard! Sounds like a really fun play to perform/watch. I love the concept! I know how much I loved doing theatre in the past so I think it's so sweet how supportive you and your husband are of your daughter's creativity and talent. It meant a lot to me when my family cared about what I was doing in theatre and now doing improv. That's awesome! I'm sure she loves being a part of the acting world. :)

Carla from The River said...

Amazing! Both of your girls are amazing!! Beautiful, talented and I am sure if I met them in person, nice as can be. And maybe I will meet them some day. :-)

Did your oldest daughter also do theater in HS?

Does your Miss High School plan to go into acting as a career?

In our area we have a wonderful community of theater. We have four theater groups in the area. They put on so many great shows. Our friend Luke just was Mr. Banks in Mary Poppins. He is a fun guy who is just totally not grumpy. Ha! So he had to really act the part. ;-)


Love Of Quilts said...

That has to be something to watch. I know you are one proud Mama.

Anna of the Mutton Years said...

One of my daughter's school highlights was being in a dance competition. They got into the south England finals after winning two regions. She was very proud.

Creations By Cindy said...

Wow! Love all the bright colors and I know the production had to be a good one! These productions takes lots of work there is no doubt about it. But they always pay off in the end. I know you are a proud mama! You should be. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bliss said...

The life of a mom.... is there anything else you would watch six times if your own kid wasn't in it? Other than the Wizard Of Oz on tv that is.

Ida said...

It looks like a super fun show.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails