Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Making Of an Avocado Toast

Avocado toast has been one of my favorite things lately.  
It makes a great breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner and it's totally customizable.   Here's how I make mine.
Toast up some Ezekial brand bread (my favorites are Sesame and Flax Seed right now). Use 1/2 avocado--more or less depending on your taste--for two slices of toast.  Spoon the avocado out of the skin and mash it gently with a fork on the toast.   Add tomatoes if you like then sprinkle with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and some hemp seeds for more crunch.
 That's it! So simple yet delicious and satisfying.  Are you and avocado toast fan?
Let's keep in touch!

Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So simple and so good!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I've seen this lately on Pinterest, etc. and always want to try it but I never have! How crazy is that! It looks absolutely delicious and healthy with all the favorite flavor combinations! I have all the ingredients in my refrigerator so it's a safe bet i've seen this lately on Pinterest, etc. and always want to try it but I never have! How crazy is that! It looks absolutely delicious and healthy with all the favorite flavor combinations! I have all the ingredients in my refrigerator so it's a safe bet i'll be enjoying this at lunchtime! I'll be enjoying this at lunchtime! How's your weather there? We are expecting 72° today, unheard of !!!

Morgan Fluhler said...

Yum! I wish I was eating this for breakfast right now! I love avocado so much, especially with salt and pepper. Your toast looks amazing - I haven't heard of that brand before.

Creations By Cindy said...

A friend of mine uses flax seed on a lot of different things. Looks so yummy! I am starving right now too! Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bliss said...

I am an avocado fan. There is one ripening in the kitchen as I type. What a quick lunch full of flavor, I'll remember it.

Clairejustine oxox said...

Whoo I never though of avocado on toast, yummy :)

Thanks for linking up..

Carla from The River said...

This is so funny, because I am on an avocado kick too. I can not get enough of it. :-)
I love your idea and plan to make some tasty toast too.
Carla

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather this looks so good and healthy.
TFS this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Enjoy the rest of the week.
Julie

Jessica Pelasky said...

This sounds really delicious and such a neat idea! :)

I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails