Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Look For Less - Summer Straw Tote



When we were visiting College Girl last weekend for her big runway show, we took a Target run and I spotted this straw tote bag on the shelves.
I snapped a quick pic with my Iphone, thinking it looked a bit like one I made last summer.
{DIY} Summer Tote Bag
Voila! Now, mine doesn't have pleather handles and the pom poms are slightly different than the Target tote but it comes pretty darn close.  The Target tote sells for $34.99 and I DIY'd a straw tote from Ikea that was only $3.99.  
So if you want a fun, summer tote and don't want to spend a lot of cash, you can decorate your very own with a little acrylic paint and yarn.  Sweet!

Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

9 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather,
That is so awesome that you made that bag last summer and I remember featuring it at our blog party! It looks just as good as the one from Target and cheaper.
Enjoy today and the week and Happy Easter!
Hugs, Julie xo

Tamar SB said...

So cute! So ready for spring!

Clairejustine oxox said...

I always say each year I need one of these bag, lovely :)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Adorable! I loved lat Summers tote - more than Targets! I see these in my future as soon as my Easter egg haze disappears! These holidays are fast this year!

Creations By Cindy said...

I remember you making that tote Heather! So adorable! I need your energy my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Happy Easter to you and your sweet family.

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I remember that tote :-) I loved it last summer.
Fun! You may have inspired Target.
xx oo
Carla

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Thanks for sharing this Heather at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Bliss said...

You are much more of a jet setter than me, you very much need a tote that size.

Jessica Pelasky said...

SO cute! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails