Wednesday, April 30, 2014

{DIY}Ballard Designs Inspired Beverage Tags

Jen at I Heart Organizing is hosting her monthly High/Low Organizing Challenge and I was inspired to  join in(it starts Friday if you want to join in too).  This month's challenge is storage and I'm focusing on beverage storage.
These Ballard Designs beverage tags have been calling my name since I first spotted them in their catalogue.  You know I love a good party and having some rustic, yet classy beverage tags for our beverages would make my parties even gooder better!
But at $15 for a set of 6 (plus shipping), they were a bit steep for my budget.
After making my Calligraphy Eggs for Easter with this rub-on transfer kit from Grafix, I figured I could use the same technique for my tag impostors.
I picked a font that I liked and did a practice print on a sheet of paper.  The images had to be printed in reverse onto the matte side of the transfer film.  I found the wooden tags at Michael's for .29c each.
I followed the directions in the kit to create the design and applied it sticky side down to the tag.  I used that wonky craft stick to gently rub the top of the design and bond it to the surface.  (It broke midway through my project.)
Then I peeled off the backing and I had my first tag.
The process went pretty quickly and it was much easier on a flat surface than on an fragile, hollow egg.
I added some twine to each one.
I had a few left over and made some coffee beverage tags too.
Since I already had the twine and transfer paper, the whole kit and kaboodle only set me back about $2.50.  Now I just need a reason to throw a party!

Linking up with:








Pin It

29 comments:

Roberta B said...

Just peeking in before Im off to my DR. Apt.. so I have to keep it short.. I like I like. Thanks for sharing. Roberta #78

Creations By Cindy said...

What cute tags Heather. WOW, you could put anything on them you wanted. I love the idea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

StampinCarol said...

Those tags are interesting. I wonder if your bone folder would have worked better than that stick. Thanks for popping by and Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #76

Krisha said...

Very cute idea Heather.
Happy WOYWW
Krisha #71

Winnie said...

How clever and economical your way! I love them what a fun idea. Twine abounds in my stamp room! Enjoy the day! Winnie #60

Angie said...

Adorable!!!! I have never tried rub ons. I need to, these are so cute!!!

camp and cottage living said...

I love the over 21 tag-ha!
These are cute, Heather.

Jules said...

The turned out great! Are the tags wooden....so making them reusable? You do throw the most awesome looking parties!!!! :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@StampinCarol..if only I had one! :)

@Jules the tags are wooden, I will fix that in the post.

Annie Claxton said...

Those tags look brilliant , what a clever idea and interesting technique. Happy WOYWW :o) Annie C #74

Lynda Beazley said...

I LOVE these Heather, well done you for making your own. Sometimes you just feel the challenge don't you?
Have a happy week
Lynda B 22

Chrysalis said...

They look great - so much more satisfying than buying ready made ones! Have a lovely week, Chris # 15

Gita said...

Great tags -- knowing me, I'd keep messing up on the printing part...LOL. Brigita #97

Lisa-Jane said...

Cute tags! Have a great week. #37

Becky said...

I love a good magazine redo! These are awesome!!! I think you should have a party JUST to showcase the tags! Haha!

Katie said...

These are so cool! I love these for a party - especially the coffee addition! You definitely need to have a party to use these tags :)

Ida said...

We don't entertain much but this is a fun idea.

Ali H said...

So when do we drop by for a beverage !! Ali #27

Carla from The River said...

Great idea. I have been thinking of doing something for beverages as well. This is a perfect post for me. Thank You!

tiarastantrums said...

what a great idea! I adore Ballard Designs too!

Debbiedoos said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE these tags Heather. I spied them too and thought I could make those. Just have not done them yet. CUTE and what a great job!

IrisM @ The Colored Married Life said...

Hey Heather! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog :):) Your project is amaaazing too! Great job girl ! becoming a member of your blog right now!:)
Iris
www.thecoloredmarriedlife.com

Bliss said...

You done good, they are functional and cute. Win win.

Creative Dream said...

Great idea! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

Morgan said...

These are so sweet! They look classy and you can use them over and over again. What a nice detail for a party or dinner. :)

Meredith Wouters said...

I've been wanting some of these, but haven't wanted to spring for them. Thanks for sharing the how-to. (Found you on Say G'Day Saturday.)

Monica said...

They worked out very well. For a moment I thought you were Ballard designs. They are a good enough reason for a party.
Monica 64

Bev Carter said...

I love your tags. So many uses for them.
Bev

Sherri @ themacshome.blogspot.com said...

Love these! I may try this for tags for some laundry baskets! Thanks!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails