Friday, April 18, 2014

{Recipe} Zucchini Bites

I had a couple of zucchinis in the fridge and was looking for a different way to prepare them (I usually roast or saute them).  
This recipe sounded good and looked easy.
 Start by shredding 1 cup of zucchini (I used most of a medium sized zuke).  Squeeze out the excess moisture from the shredded zucchini with paper towels.
 Mix the zucchini with 1/4 of a chopped onion, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese & 1 egg. Stir well to combine. Add salt & pepper to taste.
 (If you're not using a silicon pan like mine, spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray first).
 Scoop the mixture into the mini muffin pan and press down each one with the back of a spoon. 
 Bake at 400F for 15-18 minutes until golden brown on top.
Serve immediately.
 Makes 12 bites.
Each one = 1 WW P+ (but so are two). :)  Three = 2P+
Pin It

9 comments:

Karen said...

My family has been on a zucchini kick for the past year. We've always liked it, but now it's our favorite. It's so versatile and always available. These look delicious. I'll be giving these a try :)

Carla from The River said...

I am always looking for new ways to prepare zucchini. Yummy. We will be trying this for sure.

Love Of Quilts said...

I wish I had one to put in my mouth right no, look so good. Happy Easter!

Tamar SB said...

Yummy! I should try this when the farmer's market opens and they are super inexpensive!

Tamar SB said...

Yummy! I should try this when the farmer's market opens and they are super inexpensive!

Becky said...

Love how easy this looks and that you just slip them in the oven! My girls aren't huge fans of zucchini, but I wonder if they would like it this way?

Creations By Cindy said...

Heather, these look so good! I gotta pin this! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Katie said...

We make these ALL THE TIME! We looove them. In fact, they are on the menu for Wednesday night! Definitely one of our favorites :)

Morgan said...

These look awesome. I am a huge zucchini fan! :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails