Monday, April 28, 2014

{Recipe} Heavenly Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal

I made this recipe for Easter breakfast and the whole house did smell heavenly as it baked.  It tasted just as good too.  I liked that I had all of the ingredients on hand already.
 That it happened to be dairy, gluten, soy & oil free was a happy coincidence!
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups loosely packed shredded carrots
2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp dry) {I used the frozen Dorot brand}
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup halved walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease 2.5 quart baking dish.
2. In a large bowl mix together oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together wet ingredients: carrots, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla & fresh ginger.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, stir to combine
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press down with a spoon to push the oats down. Sprinkle raisins and walnuts over top and press lightly again.
6. Bake uncovered for around 35 minutes until lightly golden around the edge.  The oatmeal will still be soft or wet in some spots but will firm up as it cools.  
Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
We ate ours plain but it can also be topped with maple syrup, whipped topping of your choice or yogurt.
Pin It

9 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

Yum, I bet the added carrots really made it tasty.

Tamar SB said...

Oo with carrots!! Genius!

Pam Jackson said...

wow.....that looks so good and sounds amazing. I love carrot anything. I will be giving this one a try. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

I recently pinned a similar recipe. I've never had baked oatmeal! Yours looks, and sounds, delicious. I will have to try it.

Carla from The River said...

Carrots...I never thought to add carrots to our oatmeal bake. Thank you for the inspiration!

Debbiedoos said...

That must have smelled divine! Looks really yummy Heather.

Becky said...

Yum!! I can almost smell it!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I have tried blueberry baked oatmeal but this is more me.....my favorite cake is carrot cake! Must try! Pinned!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Whoo yes please, looks so yummy :)

Thanks for linking up Heather :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails