Thursday, October 24, 2013

Birthday Swag

My birthday was a few weeks ago (already!) and I was treated to some really nice gifts..like this bag from Madewell that I've been longing for. Thanks to my Pinterest wish list and my sweet hubby, it's now mine!  
Walking around NYC this summer, I noticed that every female seemed to carry a large tote type bag and I wanted one too. It's larger than I expected (like HUGE) but I'm using a purse organizer (gift from my MIL to keep everything in its place).  It's the perfect color (English saddle) too!
Miss Middle School surprised me with this gorgeous new bead for my Chamilia charm bracelet.  I also got some cash and gift cards to spend from my mom, sister and mother in law. Yippee!
I just ordered these boots with my Zappos gift card and with some of my cash I ordered myself a new Life Planner.

I had a coupon so this was a super sweet deal. I can't speak highly enough about these life savers planners!  This is my third one and I don't think I could live without it.  College Girl is hooked as well and on her second one.
You can get in on this great deal too.
If you're interested,  leave me your email in the comments and I will get you set up to receive a $10 coupon to use on their site (it expires in 30 days so make sure to check out all of the fabulous products first and figure out what you want).

Speaking of College Girl, she brought me home the cutest hand screened veggie kitchen towels when she was home on fall break. LOVE those berets on the beets!
I also was in 'Treat Yo' Self' mode (as in Tom and Donna on Parks and Rec, anyone?)
  and ordered myself this snazzy new electric ceramic tea kettle.
 They sell a similar one at Target.
We went out to dinner with friends to celebrate and they showered me with some sweet jewelry, scrumptious homemade carrot soup and something that deserves its own post tomorrow.
Linking up with:
Sugar & Spice
Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Those towels are so fun!! Love the tote too - so trendy!

Jules said...

Looks like you had a pretty amazing birthday....with my birthday so close to Christmas, mine our usually pretty lacking....lol. I did not use my planner as much this year as I did last....maybe that is why I am such a mess this year?!?!? ;)

Katie said...

What cool presents!

I love that bag! I love a big bag, and the color of that one is just perfect!

Your girls did a great job - that bead is gorgeous and those towels are too fun!

And you picked out some great presents with your gift cards and treating yourself! Those planners are so cool! I have one right now that goes until June, but I always have my eye on those. I just like to do things in school year blocks :)

And that tea kettle. I didn't even know that they made such cute electric tea kettles! I have to add that to my Christmas list!

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

Belated happy birthday! You got some wonderful and thoughtful gifts. I love that bag!

Becky said...

What amazing gifts! I'm in LOVE with that tote! I'm a sucker for handbags and this one is gorgeous! Loving the boots too! I'm a paper planner too, couldn't live without mine!

Bliss said...

Hands down your family gives better gifts than mine.

Kaeley @ My Mind's Lens said...

Wow - Sounds like a GREAT birthday! That bag is amazing . . . now I want one! Just like I want an Erin Condren planner. But I haven't been able to justify spending that much on one (my current "planner" is a three ring binder with monthly & weekly calendar print outs that I made in Excel!). Plus I don't know if I could choose one!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Fine LETHA goods! :() Love it! I hope your package arrived in time.

Dawn said...

Super birthday treats! Love the bag! And the bead!

Debbiedoos said...

happy Belated Birthday Heather. Looks like it was a good one. Great towels, they are adorable!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails