Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Chalk Art

 The kitchen chalk board needed a little Halloween treatment and I found some great ideas here at Rhonna Designs.
I tried to emulate a few of her creative designs. I like all of the little, fun flourishes that she uses. One of her best tips was to sharpen the chalk! Why had I never thought of that? It really helps for making tiny straight lines.  Just use an old eye pencil sharpener to get a nice sharp point on your chalk!
I'd like to hang a few plastic spiders down in front of the chalk board with some fishing line to give it a full 3D effect.   I'm finally getting into the Halloween spirit and I'll have a wreath to share with you soon.
Linking up with:
Halloween @Fingerprints on The Fridge
Create & Share


Pin It

7 comments:

Jules said...

Your board looks so cute and I think the spiders will be the perfect finishing touch!!!!

Love Of Quilts said...

The chalk board looks ready for the spooks....spiders would give it that 3d effect.

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

You are leaps and bounds ahead of me, I've done nothing for halloween.

That's adorable, I will look at that blog and maybe do something on my chalk board wall. Thanks for the good idea.

Bliss said...

Can never go wrong with a chalkboard for any season. Do tell.... what is that brown stuff in the bottom left side of the chalkboard?

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Bliss Those are magnets and magnetic erasers that came with the board.

Becky said...

Aahh, amazing!!! Love it!!!

Katie said...

This board is fabulous! I really love the decorations you drew around it too!

I remembered your tip once about wetting the chalk when I made mine for the wedding. That really helped! I'll have to try sharpening it next time!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails