The kitchen chalk board needed a little Halloween treatment and I found some great ideas here at Rhonna Designs.
I tried to emulate a few of her creative designs. I like all of the little, fun flourishes that she uses. One of her best tips was to sharpen the chalk! Why had I never thought of that? It really helps for making tiny straight lines. Just use an old eye pencil sharpener to get a nice sharp point on your chalk!
I'd like to hang a few plastic spiders down in front of the chalk board with some fishing line to give it a full 3D effect. I'm finally getting into the Halloween spirit and I'll have a wreath to share with you soon.
Linking up with:
Halloween @Fingerprints on The Fridge
Create & Share
Linking up with:
Halloween @Fingerprints on The Fridge
Create & Share




7 comments:
Your board looks so cute and I think the spiders will be the perfect finishing touch!!!!
The chalk board looks ready for the spooks....spiders would give it that 3d effect.
You are leaps and bounds ahead of me, I've done nothing for halloween.
That's adorable, I will look at that blog and maybe do something on my chalk board wall. Thanks for the good idea.
Can never go wrong with a chalkboard for any season. Do tell.... what is that brown stuff in the bottom left side of the chalkboard?
@Bliss Those are magnets and magnetic erasers that came with the board.
Aahh, amazing!!! Love it!!!
This board is fabulous! I really love the decorations you drew around it too!
I remembered your tip once about wetting the chalk when I made mine for the wedding. That really helped! I'll have to try sharpening it next time!
Post a Comment