Tuesday, October 22, 2013

{Get Crafty} Creepy Glow In The Dark Wreath and More Creepy-ness

The entry looks friendly enough (with my newly painted door and welcoming vinyl greeting) but you might be totally creeped out by what lurks beyond......
Can you see the Hanging Porch Bats through the door?
They might have been your first warning!
Oh you're a brave one are you? 
Not afraid of the dark, I hope?
Now this is really scary!  
It's what's left of a Valentine wreath from years gone by. It was in the donate/toss pile but somehow made it over to the craft cabinet as a possible upcycle project.
I tore off those wooden painted hearts, leaving the gooey looking hot glue remnants. I figured that would add to the look I was going for.  Then I gave it a few coats of black spray paint (this is after one light coat).
I picked up this set of glow in the dark creatures for $3.99 at Kmart and hot glued them all onto the (mostly) black wreath.  Easy peasy!
For now it's hanging on the kitchen door entry until I find it's final resting place.
While I was in the creepy mode, I whipped together a quick black and white vignette in the den from things I already had. Katie will want to avert her eyes now (she doesn't like the skeleton hands that hang over the top).
I had one skeleton hand left and found the perfect place for it.  
Can you read the message?
I hope you've been sufficiently creeped out!
Linking up with:

Pin It

9 comments:

Jules said...

How fun are all your creepy decorations?!?!?!?! I would love to see your wreath in the dark!!!

Tamar SB said...

You are so creative and so fun!

camp and cottage living said...

Pretty creepy, Heather, especially the hand!

Lisa said...

Great idea! I bet this looks awesome in the dark!

Becky said...

This is awesome! Our sweet Katie is creeped out easily, isn't she :). So smart to paint that wreath and add the glow in the dark shapes! Love it and especially love that vignette!!

Bliss said...

Creepy is good.

Katie said...

I had to scroll very quickly past the pictures in this post, just a quick glance and move on!

Especially those creepy hands! Thank you for the heads up about them!

I do like everything you did though! Its cool to see when I'm safe on the other side of the computer :) And I really like what you've typed on the type writer...even if a creepy skeleton hand is typing it!

Glue Farm said...


That was really a nice share.. Thanks.. It was very useful....Super Glue or Cyanoacrylate.

Uncookie Cutter said...

These are great! So cute and I love the typewriter! I bet that wreath looks awesome in the dark!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails