Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Graduation Party Details-The End

A few more details from the party...I promise that's it!
To catch up with part 1, click here.
Activities:
Lawn Twister--I thought I had pinned this but I couldn't find the original pin anywhere.  
I used 12 x 12 cardboard (from my scrapbook pages) and cut  a circle in it using a plate.
I spray painted the Twister board right on the lawn, not caring too much about perfection.  It was fun!
 
I don't have any pictures of people playing Twister but some of the younger crowd quite enjoyed it!
We had volleyball for the older crowd.
We also had a tattoo 'station' and photo booth.
You can read more about it here.
Favors:
I used an old wicker picnic basket for the mini pie favors.
I lined it with an apron I found at the thrift store and tied it in the back.
To make them we used frozen pie crust and canned pie filling to make it easy. 
I ordered the mini pie tins from www.webstaurantstore.com
We made over 60 mini pies.

The dough was easy to work with and did not need much rolling out.  I used a biscuit cutter to make the top crust.
We didn't make bottom crusts (another time saver).

We filled the pie tins with pie filling (not too high).
We used mini cookie cutters to cut out little shapes out of the crust and crimped the edges with a fork.
Our first attempt was on the counter top and then we figured out that it worked better on the actual pie.
The crimping sealed the crust to the pie tin, then we sprinkled them with sugar before baking.
They looked so cute when they were done!
I put them in cellophane bags and added round labels (made on Avery.com).
Drinks:
The bar was set up in our garage and that seemed to work out well.  We served typical beverages like beer, wine and soda as well as make your own Italian sodas and Blackberry Mojito punch. 
I found a recipe for this but adjusted it.
Here's how I made it:
Mixed Berry Mojito Punch
Mix together:
2 bottles of Cranberry Blueberry Blackberry Blend Juice (64oz each)
3 cans of frozen limeade
Rum 1-2 cans(from limeade) depending how strong you want it
3 sliced limes
1 bag of frozen blackberries
2 bottles of club soda
Stir together and garnish with fresh mint leaves and blackberries.
I could go for one right now!


Thank you notes:
I ordered her thank you notes from Shutterfly.
I think that covers EVERYTHING! Thank you for sharing in this journey. I'm glad we won't be hosting another graduation party for awhile.  But we do have a few birthdays coming up...





3x5 Folded Card

View the entire collection of cards.









Pin It

14 comments:

Mel said...

You thought of everything! Now you will have to do something just as fab when your younger daughter graduates! And how are you going to top this when she graduates from Uni? lol

I think Roeshel from the DIY showoff had posted the lawn twister game last year?

Creations By Cindy said...

Great party and have felt like I was there! Love the pie! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

French Girl in Seattle said...

A party to remember, certainement. I am very impressed, as I am sure, your guests were :-) This one will be hard to top. I have been in France for the last three weeks and just returned. I can now get back to visiting my favorite blogs. Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Lindalou said...

The lawn twister is a brilliant idea. I'm off to pin it.

What a great party. I love all the details.

Altair Astor said...

Looks like so much fun! dropping by from the hop and now a new follower via GFC. Would love if you would check out and hopefully follow :)my blog!

That Chief's First Lady
http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/

Katie said...

I love the games, especially lawn twister! I haven't played that game in the longest time, but lawn twister just puts an awesome twist on it (yeaaaah, I said it, I just couldn't help myself!)

The photo booth turned out so great! I love that you included the words of advice for people to hold up!

I can't wait to try out that berry mojito punch! It looks so refreshing!

Shutterfly is just perfect for thank you notes!

being mom{me} said...

Visiting and now following via the Welcome Wesnesday linkup party...
What a great party!!! I'm particularly fond of the lawn twister and photo booth...too cute!
I'm so glad I clicked over. Please stop over when you get a minute... http://beingmomme.blogspot.com

Rhiannon

The Pretty Pinhead said...

Love the idea of lawn Twister so you don't have a mat moving all over the place :)

New follower!

The Pretty Pinhead

The Pretty Pinhead said...

Love the idea of lawn Twister so you don't have a mat moving all over the place :)

New follower!

The Pretty Pinhead

Bliss said...

Hands down the best grad party ideas on the net!

~Bliss~

karen@somewhatquirky said...

sounds like a lot of fun. I think I might have to make some of those blackberry mojitos!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Thanks for linking up to Hot Fun in the Summertime blog party.

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Wow! Your party looks like it was a big hit! Thank you so much for sharing at Hot Fun in the Summertime!

Chelsea Croteau said...

I just came across this post through Pinterest. This looks like such fun!

I'm borrowing your Lawn Twister and Inspirational Quotes/Photo booth for my upcoming church event. Thank you so much!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails