Thursday, May 24, 2012

Preppin' for the Party

I feel like I haven't had much to blog about lately but that's so not true...I can show you what we've been up to as we prepare the house and yard for our grad's party.  I've crossed out what we've accomplished so far.
Mail Out Invitations
Organize Garage
{from this)
{to this}



Assemble Fire Pit
Clean up Deck
Plant Flowers
 {embarrassing}
{in progress}
in pots and in the gardens...
{much better!}
Repair/Stain Small Deck/Staircase
{scary!}


{Replaced a few steps, power washed and stained to match our big deck.}


Order Party Supplies
{taking over the dining room table!}
Makeover Garden Bench
 {pitiful}

 Paint we already had...

 {to prett-i-ful}
Finish School!
woo to the hoo!
Clean Up Lower Patio
 

From DIRTY

 

to PURTY!

With the exception of buying the fire pit and flowers, all of these projects were FREE!!
We still have a lot more to do in the upcoming weeks, like:
Power Wash House
Touch Up Outdoor Paint
Move Gazebo
Plant Bulbs and More Flowers
and I'm sure many more things that I've forgotten about.
This method of taking a picture of something I want done has been very effective. I'm hoping it works on this swing that's been waiting for a hanging place for 6+ years.
What have you been up to?

Linking up with:
Wow Us Wednesday
I'm Lovin' It
TGIF

Pin It

8 comments:

Jill said...

You did a great job! I love your yard! So pretty with all the trees and flowers! Can't wait to see if the swing goes up! =)

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Katie said...

You have been so busy! I always love how big parties mean that all of the projects that hadn't been at the top of the list off of the list! I love the patio area, it seems like a lovely secret place to sit, and the fire pit looks awesome, and the little bench you re-painted...oh who am I kidding, it all looks amazing!

I hope you can get the swing up too :)

Judie said...

Hahahaha!!! Heather, I love this!!! I recently had a party for my Thursday golf group, and I had Rod doing all sorts of projects beforehand. As it turned out, it was too bloody hot to go outside. At least i did get a few projects done!

I know your party was spectacular!

Michelle said...

How exciting it's going to be an awesome party! I always wonder why I stress myself out cleaning like crazy before a party when its only going to get messy again! Can't help ourselves :)

Love Of Quilts said...

O my what you have been doing, it all looks so nice you'll have a great party.

Bliss said...

And once the party is over you can sit back and admire the fruits of your labor.

~Bliss~

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Wow, this is very inspirational. So much work but so worth it. Nothing like a deadline to get us going right? I think I better start planning a party.
Dana

dee dee said...

Well you have been a very busy bee! All that and a trip too! Where do you find your energy my friend!
dee dee

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails