Wednesday, September 22, 2010

{Recipe} Caramel Apple Trifle

This is what my younger daughter wanted as her birthday 'cake' last year for the family party.  It was pre-blogging and pre-trifle bowl days but it's worth sharing.

Caramel Apple Trifle
The recipe is from Taste of Home Holiday Magazine.
(serves 14)
Ingredients:
3 TBS butter
4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. apple pie spice, divided
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
1 jar (12 oz) caramel ice cream topping, divided
1 carton (12 oz) whipped topping(or make homemade), divided
2 loaves (10 3/4 oz each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1 inch cubes

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the apples, walnuts, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of apple pie spice.   Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and remaining apple pie spice.  Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
In a a 3 1/2 quart trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture.  Repeat layers twice. Garnish with the remaining whipped topping and drizzle with caramel topping.  Sprinkle with additional apple pie spice if desired.  Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

Really good and really easy!!

Now what to do this year?

Blogger Templates

Jenny Matlock
UndertheTableandDreaming


Pin It

20 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Do THAT again and email me some as an attachment! YUM!

Kerry McCullough said...

Oh yum... that looks amazing! I'm following you from Wednesday Blog Hops. Looking forward to reading more. Mine is http://www.nestingwithniall.blogspot.com. Would love to have you visit and follow back :)

Bonni said...

I'm your newest follower from Welcome Wednesday! Would love for you to check out my blog and do the same!

Mama Hen said...

That looks so yummy! Wow! I have ahd a sweet tooth lately. :) Thank you for your nice comment! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Cindy said...

mmmm that looks absolutely devine!
I am your newest follower
Please stop by and share the love :)
http://cindyseesit.blogspot.com/

Have a great rest of the week!
Cindy

Pondside said...

Everyone at my house loves Trifle, but I've never tried one with apples and caramel - looks wonderful!

Mel said...

oh my...yummy and many of my favourite ingredients are in it...some times I really wish I liked cooking/making/baking/preparing, but I only like the eating part :)

NatureGirl said...

Oh MAN that looks good. And perfect for autumn with all the fresh apples! Hopped over from AlphabeThursday!

Jen said...

Wow! That looks and sounds fabulous! Would make a great fall covered dish.
Visiting from alphabe-Thursday!
Your daughter is such a cutie!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I'd love a bowl of that. It looks awesome.

Terra said...

Very cute girl! Love her expression (and sweater!!) and that bowl of yum too

Sue said...

OH my goodness. You're killin' me here...

That looks SO yummy.

=)

Pblacksaw said...

That looks very fattening.. I will be trying that..
Patsy

Red Couch Recipes said...

That looks like a perfectly yummy trifle! I am bookmarking it. Joni

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Oh my if that doesn't look to die for!!!! Why top it, do it again, for me!!! Great A post!

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Wow!! Looks amazing... I will be trying this one.
Thanks for the recipe.
(stopping from Fingerprints on the Fridge)

Jenny said...

Your daughter is lovely, Heather.

What a delicious and different looking apple dessert.

I've never even seen anything like this before but I suspect it would be wonderful to add to any family gathering.

Thanks for a scrumptious looking link to Alphabe-Thursday!

A

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Wow Heather - This looks and sounds incredible! TFS! Thanks so much for linking to the sunday showcase party. I have featured this here: http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2010/09/clean-mama-printables-giveaway-reminder.html
Stop by and grab a featured button if you like.

Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jen@eighteen25 said...

that looks yummy! i love making trifles. they are so pretty. i'll have to try this one out... i've never heard of it before so that's fun! thanks for linking up and sharing with us!!

Anonymous said...

This is soo chilling ! (: Haa

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails