Wednesday, August 25, 2010

{What's for Dinner} Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon

My friend Jill gave me this fabulous recipe for salmon. She said even non-salmon lovers, loved it and I already love salmon! It's a salmon love fest around here(for two of us at least).  It's great for a party and her recipe is for a large 3 pound fillet but I adapted it for a 1 lb fillet.
 I made it the other night with fresh roasted green beans.

The glaze only needs a few simple ingredients.
Whisk up 1/4 cup of soy sauce,  1 1/2 TBS of olive oil, 1/4 cup of lemon juice,1 chopped up garlic clove and 2 TBS of brown sugar.
Place the salmon fillet, skin side down in a 13 x 9 Pyrex dish.
Pour the glaze over the salmon and bake at 425F for 25 minutes, basting every 5 minutes or so. You can bake longer if you want it well done.  You can also let the salmon marinate for a few hours in the refrigerator before cooking.  I baked it right away.
It comes out looking like this. Tender on the inside with a crispy sweet-savory glaze on the outside.
For the green beans, snap off the stems and rinse (in my thrifted colander)
Roast on a baking sheet with garlic infused olive oil, salt and pepper at 400 F, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

Pin It

12 comments:

Lindalou said...

Oh yum. This all looks so good. Can't wait to try it.

Chelsea said...

Oh yum! Thanks for this. I'm a big salmon fan but Tom isn't - which makes me sad. :( I keep trying to convert him, though - maybe this will do the trick!

~Chelsea

Marissa said...

I am totally going to the store TODAY to buy soy sauce and salmon and try this TONIGHT :) I have always looked for an easy, healthy recipe to make salmon taste great( I love it, but my husband is not so sure!), so we'll see what he thinks. That looks AMAZING! We love green beans like that too...what a perfect meal, thanks for sharing!!!

amy lou said...

Looks and sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe. I love simple sometimes.

Charlene said...

Following you back from WW...Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Life in Rehab said...

We loooooooooooooove salmon, and this looks amazing! I'm definitely forwarding this to Sam! With that cooking time, is the inside medium? We like ours medium rare, so I just wanted to adjust.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

@Sunny, I'm not really sure, I like it totally done on the inside so if Sam makes it, just check it after 15 minutes or so..depending on the size of your fillet.

Life in Rehab said...

He's hitting the store on the way home, so we'll let you know!

Julie Harward said...

I would eat fish with this on it...I think brown sugar makes everything yummy! :D

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Heather that sounds and looks good even to a not to wild about salmon person. I know it is so good for you, but can't seem to acquire a taste for it. Maybe I should try your recipe. Thanks for all the sweet comments.

SMR said...

This salmon was delicious, and I don't even like salmon! Seriously, it's so good. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounded soooo good...but we just didn't care for it :/ I looked back to see if I did all the measurements right and I did. Just was a weird tanginess that I didn't care for. I guess everyones tastes buds are different. All the ingredients sounded great though! Sorry.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails