Wednesday, June 21, 2017

{Daytripping}Nockamixon State Park

Another Saturday to ourselves, another little adventure. Mr. Click and I headed out to visit Nockamixon State Park in Quakertown, Pennsylvania.
We passed some beautiful farm land on the way up. I'm a sucker for a red barn and that sky!!
I was wearing these thrifted shorts (and the pink sweatshirt too) and my favorite Birkenstocks for walking.
You can't help but see the huge 1,450 acre Lake Nockamixon when you get to the park.
We started on a trail that ran around the lake. You can rent boats or bring your own.
The park is 5,246 acres and there is plenty to do there: biking, hiking, fishing, camping (in cabins), swimming (in the pool), disc golf and grilling/picnicking.
The views of the lake were stunning.
Taking a fun little selfie.
It didn't feel busy or crowded that day, which was nice. We walked a few miles and then we were hungry!
Did someone say lunch? I found a newly opened vegetarian restaurant that wasn't too far from the park called Clean Roots Vegetarian Cuisine in Quakertown, Pennsylvania.   I had the Waco Taco salad, the taco meat was made out of walnuts and also had black beans, seasonal salsa, lettuce, radishes, scallions and guacamole.
Mr. Click had the grilled cheese (not pictured) and it came with a side of radishes and dip. Yep, they became my radishes dip!  Such a fun side!  They weren't too spicy and the dip was vegan Caesar.
We also tried the vegan mac and cheese which was creamy and amazing...and even ordered more to bring home for Miss High School...it was that good.
We walked around Quakertown for awhile after lunch and checked out the many antique stores. I found this patchwork quilt (my second one!) and it was a steal at $8!
We were also so close to my favorite vegan bakery that we had to make a quick drive to Vegan Treats for some vegan soft serve (peanut butter and chocolate swirl) before heading home from our little adventure.  Thanks for joining us!
Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Wednesday Blog Hop
Pin It

8 comments:

Joey Resciniti said...

That lake looks wonderful! I live in Pittsburgh and rarely ever make it to that side of the state. Perhaps we'll have to get adventurous and head east. A bargain quilt too- gotta love that!

Dawn Gross said...

We have some great state parks! Bill and I did a Poconos area park visit a couple summers ago and it was great! $8 for a quilt? Score!!

Tamar SB said...

Such a fun day out! The food looks amazing!

Creations By Cindy said...

How fun! I love daytripping! Girl, that was indeed a steel for that quilt. That ice cream looks yummy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Mother of 3 said...

What a wonderful day! I can not believe you found an $8 quilt; what a find!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Such a beautiful recap - the lake looks amazing! You guys are the cutest! I want to come along on a day trip!

Carla from The River said...

Oh my, that lake! Beautiful.
As always, fun, fun to travel with you. :-) I still want you to add taste tests to all the good eats you share with us. :-) LOL

Clairejustine oxox said...

Looks like a fun day out Heather, yummy food :) Thanks for sharing at the Wednesday blog hop.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails