Thursday, June 1, 2017

An Out of Town Gig

On the road again...sing it Willie!
Mr. Click's band had a 2-gig weekend and one of them was out of town! Whoop whoop, get on the tour bus. Just kidding we drove ourselves.
It was a busier than usual weekend with one gig on Friday night, then SAT's in the morning for Miss High School and off to gig #2 (she stayed with Grandma).
 They put us up at this fancy resort in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
While they were setting up and doing sound check, I got to check out our room.  "Amenities" is my middle name.
We were upgraded to a king room away from where the high school prom was also being held there. #lucky
 This little seating area was so comfy.  I got to relax and read my book for awhile.
I love a good hotel bathroom. I couldn't capture it all in one photo but the shower was ah-mazing.
 I must not get out much because this room number system was new to me.
The theme of the party where they were playing was Western or red, white and blue.  This was our version of that.  Also not the best selfie in a mirror.

 I mean, it's slightly Western, no? #notevenclose
There was a dinner and then the band played a few sets.  They had a lot of people up and dancing from the first song.
You can see the keyboard player got the Western memo. :)
The nice thing about staying where the gig was that I could head back to the room when I was tired. Morning coffee in the room is one of my favorite things.
In PA, at least where I live, the convenience store called WaWa reigns supreme. If you're from other parts of the state you might prefer Sheetz.  We don't have any Sheetz stores around us so when I saw the hotel was right next to a Sheetz I had to go check it out. I was pleasantly surprised and the coffee was pretty good too!
If you got to see the band, what would be your song request??

Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a fun weekend!! The hotel looks amazing!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love my amenities SO much! Looks like a great hotel and a fun weekend! 😊

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! The hotel looks awesome. Sounds like a lot of fun. And just so you know....I would have been out there a dancing! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

what a fun weekend! there is just something so nice when you don't have to do laundry! laura

Clairejustine oxox said...

Looks like a great time Heather. It is always lovely getting away for a night or 2 :)

Heather Moulson said...

Lovely post, and great images. Makes me want to get out more!

Heather

Mama Hen said...

OK just to make you feel better, I think I must get out more also, because that door thing was new to me, too! ;-) What a fun time! And you looked great! ;-) Ummm now I want a coffee.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@MamaHen I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@MamaHen and THANK YOU!

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
The door thing was/is new to me too. ;-)
I love your toe nails. So fun!!

I would request ... well does it have to be a country song?

Dawn Gross said...

Fun! Overnights away are the best! Never saw that number system either - fancy! Where we live it's Sheetz everywhere (one down the corner from us - kids used to thing they were cool when we'd let them walk down for a treat) - so I love checking out Wawa's!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails